Author Topic: ¡BATTUTAMOD! for Crysis 2!  (Read 17205 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: ¡BATTUTAMOD! for Crysis 2!
This thread inspired me to go back and play some Warhead, which I put hundreds of hours into back in the day, and I think it just feels too floaty and fiddly and not-quite-crisp to me. When you shoot a guy it feels like you're spitballing at him. Sound design issue maybe?

Annoyingly I own a disc copy which doesn't work. 
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Finally an excuse to replay C2. Is this mod compatible with MaldoHD mod?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No idea.

Does anyone have either a 1.0 Crysis 2 exe or a cracked exe from late in the patch cycle?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I have a disk, so maybe? I'll have to find it in my massive pile of unneeded crap in the corner though.  Give me a few days. If I don't come back in 5, send help.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I haz it.  File version 1.0.0-something off the disk.  PM me your email address or however else you want it delivered.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yussss you're the best

Seth dot dickinson at gmail dot com

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Let me know if you get it, and if it arrived intact.  Email is being a *****.  Had to use a "break the message into pieces" option. 

Backup plan will be my spam-catcher gmail account.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:24:28 pm by Klaustrophobia »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No luck yet. What about uploading it to MediaFire?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
https://www.mediafire.com/?bt5b0ri1c7skke6

I did append .txt to the file name and later removed it while fighting with the email.  That won't actually change any of the file contents right?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Thanks! Will grab in a couple days, when I'm home.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
https://www.mediafire.com/?bt5b0ri1c7skke6

I did append .txt to the file name and later removed it while fighting with the email.  That won't actually change any of the file contents right?

7-zip it with a password (which IIRC encrypts the contents), and then change the extension to .txt  At least, I think that's what I ended up doing last time I had to send something like that.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Never got email to work regardless, and don't need to do that much for mediafire.  I just zipped it with windows.  Batts will have to tell me if I screwed it up prior to that and if so I'll have to dig it off the disk again. 

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
My current theory is that Crysis 2's gamedata.pak file was encrypted in a patch, so it refuses to load altered gamedata.pak files. This means I can't push the mod as far as I'd like — for example, I can't give ordinary Ceph grunts armor and cloak modes — but I'm very happy with what was achieved so far!

Tried the mod out, it's pretty tough. But the real killer for me right now is Crysis 2 just dropping down to 1 fps on a whim. No idea why it does that.

empathy for the suffering of the version of cryengine in star citizen, i expect
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I haven't been able to replay C2 for some time.  It freezes after 10-20 minutes of play.  This is the same hardware I used to play on with the exception of an SSD, and I even turned off all overclocking to be sure.

actually i think I have new RAM too.  maybe I ought to memtest it.

As far as I've been able to gather it's just a glitch of this version of Cryengine.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Bump.

Question.

Why do enemies spray until they reload? That's not how soldiers, even conscripts, are trained. A weapon fired at full-auto would be impossible to handle and be accurate with... unless you wore a Nanosuit, that is. Suspension of disbelief aside, accurate full-auto by normal humans is kind of cheap and potentially infuriating.

That said, I really need to try this mod. Crysis 1, Warhead and 3 were the best ones, I think, but 2 had a charm of its own despite being clearly console-oriented.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:34:34 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Because it makes the game more challenging.

The nanosuit is incredibly powerful - between cloak and armor, it's rare for the enemy to get any chances to do real damage. When they do get a window, they need to take it, not love-tap you with a couple bursts.

This is especially important for the Ceph. Without ¡BATTUTAMOD! you can stand in the open in front of a Ceph grunt and it won't be able to kill you, even on posthuman difficulty - it spends so much time moving to new cover spots and doing social animations that your health will regenerate between bursts.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I've made some MAJOR STRIDES, everyone. MAJOR STRIDES

Any day now I should be able to upload a new version of Battutamod, the definitive tune-up for the world's greatest flow shooter. New features, of which I am very proud:

• Enemies can now use nanosuit abilities. CELL squad leaders wear the multiplayer N1.5A nanosuits, with tough recharging armor and cloaks. Ceph exoskeletons aggressively use armor, cloak, and speed modes.
  • The SCAR-L (Crysis 1 SCAR). I couldn't resist adding it in for nostalgia. It deals less damage than the SCAR or SCARAB on a per-shot basis, but you can pack more ammo and it has reduced recoil.
  • New weapon modes. The Nova pistol can be set to automatic. The Marshall shotgun can fire slug and explosive rounds. I'm probably gonna add incendiary rounds to the Jackal for full Terry Crews mode.

I reverse-engineered the nanosuit and Ceph armor abilities from the NanoOps mode, but took the extra step of actually adapting the AI to use them correctly. I think.

If you haven't played Crysis 2, and you are a fan of any kind of FPS, I strongly suggest picking it up on Steam and giving it a whirl. It has an excellent story and some of the tightest moment-to-moment mechanics of any of the linear-level ADS-heavy setpiece shooters which followed Call of Duty 4.