Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

Permission to use ASW ships

(1/1)

eagleclaw:
Dear Hard-Light.net members -

I was hoping you guys would help me out on something. Below is a list of ships, I would like to use in my mod.

If it's possible could you add a link to download models and textures in a zip file. I don't have away to extract them

myself from the mod. Thank you for reading this.

------ From Ancient-Shivan War Mod ------

1 .AF Kato by Bobboau
 -files- KatoNew.pof
    Texture list: Kato_AO;damage;Kato_AO
2. AD Odigitria by Aldo
 -files- Odigitria.pof
    Texture list: acap05;acap01;acap03;gatea1;gatea2;gatea3;aexhaust;blueline;damage;at1g
3. ACv Arkalochori by Bobboau
 -files- Arkalochori.pof
    Texture list: CORVST1;CORVST2;CORVST7;damage;atile6
4. AD Achladia by Aldo
 -files- Achladia.pof
    Texture list: GateA2;damage;Acap01;Acap04;gatea1;gatea3;acap05;AExhaust;blueline;AT1g
5. ACa Akrotiri by Bobboau
 -files- Akrotiri.pof
    Texture list: ACap05;acap06;acap01;damage;acap03;Akrotiri;gatea1;gatea2;gatea3

Your friend,
eagleclaw

You also can pm me here at this website with the ships and content

Colonol Dekker:
I'd seek permission/clarify with the mod author if they're available for use first.

For the record, I've no idea what their status is.

Durandal:
I don't think anyone even knows how to reach Aldo anymore. What's your use case for these, another Freespace mod? If so, just use them and give credit appropriately. It's pretty much an unspoken rule around here that any assets released in one FS mod can be used in another, and Aldo and Bobboau's work is very ubiquitous across HLP projects.

Nyctaeus:

--- Quote from: Durandal on November 28, 2021, 10:50:59 am ---I don't think anyone even knows how to reach Aldo anymore. What's your use case for these, another Freespace mod? If so, just use them and give credit appropriately. It's pretty much an unspoken rule around here that any assets released in one FS mod can be used in another, and Aldo and Bobboau's work is very ubiquitous across HLP projects.

--- End quote ---
Pretty much this. All of those ships have their pages on FSWiki, and all people involved in creation of them are listed there, making crediting easy.

Regarding extraction of those assets from ASW packs, I assume it's the .vp file format that causes you troubles. Google WPView32 and use it to open the .vp archives. To get list of maps those ships require, download POF Construction Suite 2 [commonly known as PCS2] from Tools forum and open each pof file you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version