Author Topic: MechWarrior 4, any terrain texture / sound packs?  (Read 9997 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
MechWarrior 4, any terrain texture / sound packs?
I already have MekTek 3.02b, just so I get the extra mechs and weapons, but I've just now began to wonder if there were mod packs that make terrain and sound effects more like they were on MechWarrior 3. I've only seen MW3 through videos and it has a darker feel to it, and the weapons sound like they were made to do damage, I never was able to take the sound or appearance seriously.
I also know of the complaints MW4 got, so it would only be common sence to make it more enjoyable by making it more like something everyone else likes.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: MechWarrior 4, any terrain texture / sound packs?
I dunno about packs...but you should really give Mechwarrior 3 a shot. The campaign alone is worth the price of admission.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I have Vista. Windows compatability has never worked for me once.

Hail fellow mechwarrrior,

You could try the HD patch that was made for 3.02b.  It updates the graphics for mercs.
Here is the download link: http://www.mechwarriorleagues.com/download-files/HDP_MP302b.exe 

On the subject of mechwarrior three give this site a look: http://www.mechwarrior3.org/
You may be able to find some support over there.  I honestly can't say though if Mechwarrior 3 will run on Vista.

I don't suppose your looking for a clan to join by chance.  Anyway hope that helps.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Here a little gift for you ! :p
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Ok, it's a mods for Crysis, but well, you want some Next Gen render, you got it. :D

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well MechWarrior 3 does work...up to actually going into the Mechlab or playing the mission, where the game then causes the entire computer to lock up, which then I'm forced to press the power button...

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
MW3 works on XP. I've played it on it time and again, sometimes the game crashes but only the game.

Well MechWarrior 3 does work...up to actually going into the Mechlab or playing the mission, where the game then causes the entire computer to lock up, which then I'm forced to press the power button...

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode or running the game as an administrator?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I ran across a forum that had good fixes for all this, try searching for "MW3 Op2M1 Bug" and work back through the forum from there.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode or running the game as an administrator?
I did say that compatability mode has NEVER worked for me.

From personal experience I can say that getting even MW4 to work on Vista is a PITA let alone MW3. Shame though because both are very nice games. Getting MW3 and 3 + MechCommander 1 and 2 to work on Vista properly without constant crashing or graphical errors would be so sweet. but unfortunately only a sweet dream at this point.  Although nothing will beat MW2 Mercenaries IMO.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I've been playing MW4 on Vista without any issues at all.

From personal experience I can say that getting even MW4 to work on Vista is a PITA let alone MW3. Shame though because both are very nice games. Getting MW3 and 3 + MechCommander 1 and 2 to work on Vista properly without constant crashing or graphical errors would be so sweet. but unfortunately only a sweet dream at this point.  Although nothing will beat MW2 Mercenaries IMO.

Actually no its pretty easy to getting MW4 mercs to run on Vista  Head over to Mektek they have a help section that has helped many get mercs up and running. 

Commander Zane find the main MW3 exe file.  Right click on it and select run as administrator.  It is different from running the game on an Administrator account.  Doing this fixes issue with many games and Vista.

As for mechcommander check out this site: http://mechcommander.org/
Mektek does have help section for "legacy" mechwarrior games but they mainly deal with MW4 mercs.  I believe I was able to get Mechcommander to run on Vista but I don't remember at all how I accomplished this.  It was the gold version IIRC.

Mechwarrior 3 has many different problems dependent on your computer system. The only common thing with those problems is Windows XP.

(The expansion Pack, Pirates Moon, somehow works fine with WinXP, by the way)

check This thread and that forum.  Those High Res fixes worked for me. ANd the 1600X1200 patch is certainly worth it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:09:45 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Davros

Last time I played mechwarrior 3 on vista I toutched a wall and ended up about 200foot in the air and couldnt get down