Author Topic: Ancient-Shivan War Mod - Anyone interested ?  (Read 67544 times)

Re: Ancient-Shivan War Mod - Anyone interested ?
yeah. But I notice the ancient ships seem to have a simular design to the shivans. Maybe they are cousin races. XP
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Nope. And the design is different. Ancient ships are smooth.

And no. Ancient ships need better UVMapping. Only then they need better maps.

Thanks to Darius, I now have shinemaps for the Ancient fighters and bombers. As for the capital ships, I'm using the mediavp ones, and some maps ( with the glowmaps for the mediavp Knossos textures- very useful :) ) that Galemp gave me.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hmm fine looks like you don't want them. We'll keep them for Gateways.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Not want what?

Good maps for the Ancients? Are you kidding. I ain't got any maps for the Ancients and I need some a lot. The current Ancients look ancient and ugly.

In case the internet didn't send the sarcasm, I was sarcastic in that post, but could use more/better Ancient maps anyway, for variety and quality sake.

lol. Ancient ships look ancient? IMPOSSIBLE! XD although I have to say that a bit of variety in skins wouldn't hurt at all. :P

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Everything being blue-green will be uh...boring :nod:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
That means that I need someone to either UVMap the models, or give me good large textures.

Or better yet- some HTL.

However, you'll be too busy trying to save your unshielded back, than to watch the pretty capital ships doing the fireworks.

yep. Although the shivans make good use of red, black, and gray, they seem to manage. (one of their frieghters, the Azmodeus has green instead of red. And the mining ship has some green on the head of it.)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Don't forget the brown on the Azrael, or the green on a number of the FS1 fighters, and the purple of the Mephisto... probably a number of others.

yeah, but most of the Shivan ships have red.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Didn't Galemp put up a link to an Ancients texture pack with original textures? I saw it once, he must have, and I think it was in this thread... so if you don't have them, I reckon it's your own fault.

i saw it on other site, but I don't know the name of the site. D: I've been searching for the name a while now. But it's not freespacemods.net

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I have them. That's why I said that the glowmaps for the mediavp Knossos textures were useful. And all the other little things.

The thing is, most of those textures don't really fit with the Ancients in my opinion, and since a lot of those ships need better UVMapping, they don't help a lot. The maps are good though and I'm using them.

awesome

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
:necro:

Sorry to necro this, but whatev.

I've actually thought this would be a cool idea for a campaign before, so this thread obviously intrigues me. :nod:

Some ideas:

1. I think the first mission should be the Shivans arriving just as the Ancients finish conquering one of those 'inferior' races. (Maybe even a planetary bombardment or something)

2. There HAS to be a mission that takes place in Sol. I mean seriously, how cool would it be to fight an epic space battle in the skies above your ancient ancestors? :D
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Nah, I already have something else planned up. That doesn't mean that your ideas are bad or won't see daylight.

And if the Ancients even knew that Sol existed, I don't think that there'd be a GTVA during FS2.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And if the Ancients even knew that Sol existed, I don't think that there'd be a GTVA during FS2.
Agreed on that point.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Ah, bugger. Didn't even consider that we'd be one of those inferior races ourselves. :o
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Disagreed. 10 thousand years ago the humans where a bunch of Neolithic tribes that scantly knew how to use a bow. Even if detected by scans what could the odds be of them developing into a space faring nation.  :p

I doubt the Ancients would see them as a threat. Especially if they are preoccupied by the Shivans.

Disagreed. 10 thousand years ago the humans where a bunch of Neolithic tribes that scantly knew how to use a bow. Even if detected by scans what could the odds be of them developing into a space faring nation.  :p

I doubt the Ancients would see them as a threat. Especially if they are preoccupied by the Shivans.

The Ancients never said they eliminated threats, they simply conquered subdued everyone they came across.
       Neolithic tribes can be trained as good slave labourers.