Author Topic: Ancient-Shivan War Mod - Anyone interested ?  (Read 67499 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Ancient-Shivan War Mod - Anyone interested ?
Either way, there are a whole load of new Ancient vessels which are not released, which is a real pity. I mean, they won't appear until 2013... A few years after INFSCP is released.

The INF team is really not helping anyone by keeping them that long.  By the time they are released, it is probable that the models and textures will be outdated and/or someone will have made a bunch of equivalent/better models for the same purpose.  It really makes no sense to withhold them ... err ... does Woo ever listen to reason?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Are there any good released Ancient models at all ?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
ACv Malia is the only one I know of.
You could use some of the models Darius used for his Vishnans in BP. If they can look Vishnan, they can look Ancient. It's all in the skinning.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Darius

Well, all but one of them were Bobbau's ancients ships, which were being discussed earlier.

Was it ever released? I don't think it was. Either way, there are a whole load of new Ancient vessels which are not released, which is a real pity. I mean, they won't appear until 2013... A few years after INFSCP is released.

Inferno could release a new Ancients demo with a mini-campaign to show them in action (Pathways campaign? Not sure how that one's going). That way it wouldn't seem like they're just giving out the ships (it would still be an official Inferno package) and wouldn't require the effort of a full-scale campaign.

Offline Solatar

ACv Malia is the only one I know of.
You could use some of the models Darius used for his Vishnans in BP. If they can look Vishnan, they can look Ancient. It's all in the skinning.

They're all Ancient ships reskinned anyway as far as I know, except for that huge juggernaught at the end.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
That is correct.  That big one at the end was the only non-ancient one (it was the Apocalypse from MT).

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Trust me- the Ancient ships I have are the only original Ancient ships that can be found at all.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Inferno could release a new Ancients demo with a mini-campaign to show them in action (Pathways campaign? Not sure how that one's going). That way it wouldn't seem like they're just giving out the ships (it would still be an official Inferno package) and wouldn't require the effort of a full-scale campaign.
The Ancients appear in an Inferno campaign called "Gateways." But that's set after the Gigas incident, so it only makes sense to release it after INF SCP. By the time it's released I'd bet we'd have more Ancient vessels anyway, so there's no point waiting.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
:bump:

Is the campaign released? 'Gateways' that is. If so, is it good?

And ( note- lvlshot'ed ) :

Before you ask- yes, I am that desperate for Ancient models.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
lol. Nightmares. The Nightmare destroyer looks alright, but the others not so much.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Ye gods, man, I gave you those textures for a reason. Why is everything using the same three Knossos maps?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Well, the models that don't have their textures changed to the Knossos ones, are using the ones you gave me. But the original ones don't seem very different from the ones you gave me x_x . So I'm using the Knossos ones because they are the only ones in good enough quality ( really, because with the normal ones or your ones the ships look ugly :( ). I might think up of something ( like making higher detailed textures ), after all, the mod is still in an early stage...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is the campaign released? 'Gateways' that is. If so, is it good?
If it was we'd have a dozen more Ancient ships.

I don't really understand
Well, all but one of them were Bobbau's ancients ships, which were being discussed earlier.

Was it ever released? I don't think it was. Either way, there are a whole load of new Ancient vessels which are not released, which is a real pity. I mean, they won't appear until 2013... A few years after INFSCP is released.

that
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Posting here is useless, you need to contact Woomeister himself.

Keep in mind, however, that Gateways is about INF SCP era Ancients, not the ones who fought the Shivans 8,000 years before.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

ya, but it's ancient ships. But this isn't INF canon. SO time difference really doesn't matter. ANd isn't the Malia called the arbiter in BP?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It matters because Gateways and therefore its tech descriptions are connected to INF SCP.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:40:21 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

.... can't you change them before release? and release anything that isn't totally storyline-compromising?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah, I'm just informing you...although the connection with INF SCP could make the Ancient package impossible to release before INF SCP itself.

Are you sure the designs will fit well? Right now there also are Nightmare ships turned into Ancient ones...that'd make the roster odd.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It matters because Gateways and therefore its tech descriptions are connected to INF SCP.
The ships can always be used, they only need to be converted back from Inferno format to normal format. The campaign can't be released without INF SCP, because it takes place after INF SCP.

Are you sure the designs will fit well? Right now there also are Nightmare ships turned into Ancient ones...that'd make the roster odd.
Agreed, Nightmare reskinned to Ancient ships is a horrible idea. We need an actual Ancient fleet... Raven2k+1 or VA or maybe Galemp could do it (though none of them have time... Typical, isn't it, that the best modders don't have enough time to do anything).