General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Mid Mission Saving

(1/2) > >>

rambo919:
Searched the forum for mention of saving games and found nothing. Simply put is there any feature like this currently or in future? Mid mission checkpoints at least?

The E:

--- Quote from: rambo919 on January 26, 2023, 10:50:09 am ---Searched the forum for mention of saving games and found nothing. Simply put is there any feature like this currently or in future? Mid mission checkpoints at least?

--- End quote ---

Mid-mission checkpoints are possible, but at this time they need to be enabled by mission designers. It might be possible to create a more generalized save state system, but to the best of my knowledge noone is working on this feature at this time.

rambo919:

--- Quote from: The E on January 26, 2023, 11:33:49 am ---
--- Quote from: rambo919 on January 26, 2023, 10:50:09 am ---Searched the forum for mention of saving games and found nothing. Simply put is there any feature like this currently or in future? Mid mission checkpoints at least?

--- End quote ---

Mid-mission checkpoints are possible, but at this time they need to be enabled by mission designers. It might be possible to create a more generalized save state system, but to the best of my knowledge noone is working on this feature at this time.

--- End quote ---

I see, thanks for the answer. Here's hoping it happens in future, the one thing keeping me from playing space combat games is long or buggy missions with no save option which for some reason seems to be the norm.

Mongoose:
At least in the retail campaigns, most missions tend to be on the order of 10 minutes or less, though there are some fan-made campaigns that push well beyond that. Fortunately several of the prominent recent ones have implemented in-mission checkpoints in one way or another.

rambo919:
I remember one, think it was the first one. Where you have to somehow get into the hanger of a warping in capital ship.... it took so long for that part to actually happen and I kept dying so I never figured out how to actually do it.... I quit FreeSpace at that point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version