Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 907832 times)

Offline est1895

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
I'm having trouble getting pass the seventh mission called,"The Intervention."  The game runs fine but this mission has a bunch of questions numbered 1 thru 4 and so forth.  Help please :hammer:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm having trouble getting pass the seventh mission called,"The Intervention."  The game runs fine but this mission has a bunch of questions numbered 1 thru 4 and so forth.  Help please :hammer:

Not a native English speaker, I'm guessing?

Somebody give this man a correct conversation - I don't have the mission file handy.

Basically what you have to do is a Mass Effect style RPG conversation.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Bah, I had thing long-winded reply typed up and then I went for Ice Cream and realized it doesn't matter.  I'm a boneheaded idiot with the education of a dog flea.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Bah, I had thing long-winded reply typed up and then I went for Ice Cream and realized it doesn't matter.  I'm a boneheaded idiot with the education of a dog flea.

No you're not, and your questions are good ones, but I do think we've established a solid grounding for the war by now. More solid than many real wars, for that matter!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
More solid than many real wars, for that matter!

In that they actually thought them out, or that we know the actual reasons behind it and not just the propaganda?

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Both probably.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline -Norbert-

Obvious solution: shut down the portal.
I don't think it's that easy. The Gamma Draconis - Nebula jumpnode was open for what.... weeks? And when the Knossos was destroyed the node remained stable (to it is a remote possibility that the Sathanas somehow is responsible for this).
The Sol - Delta Serpentis node is open for close to two years. Unless the gate has a mechanism build into it to turn the node unusable (which is very, very unlikely in my opinion), shutting down the portal won't do any good. They'd have to blow up the node, like they did with the Capella nodes.

On top of that the GTVA wants and even needs Sol. If anyone would be willing to close the node again, it might be people from Sol. Tough they would need to break through the GTVA blockade, destroy the portal in Delta Serpentis to make sure it works and then blow up the node (with all the anti-matter they have stored I think they could muster enough explosive force to destabilize the node).
But since neither the government nor the Fedayeen seem to be willing to cut themselfs off, there is noone who has even a remote chance of making that plan work.

And even if, by some miracle, that happens, it's only a temporary solution, since the GTVA can simply build a new portal, but this time they will probably have more support from the general public. Though the Vasudans might be even more against it.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Finally finished last night, and I must say I'm still thinking about things that happened through the campaign today. The playthrough on hard was a real son of a *****, but I managed to push through. Thank you VERY much for the checkpoint system. I will say this though, if you try to use the checkpoint system on Delenda Est there is no possible way to complete the mission on hard. The Katana and Alten Orde(?) jump in way too soon after the Carthage throws its remaining squadrons at you. No way to take out those beams as you're being pummeled by the Perseus' with Balors. Of course it was late, so I could've just been performing poorly myself.

Oh, and the Vasudan Logistics mission actually made me feel emotion, maybe even a slight glimmer of hope. Excellent work.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:14:05 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I will say this though, if you try to use the checkpoint system on Delenda Est there is no possible way to complete the mission on hard. The Katana and Alten Orde(?) jump in way too soon after the Carthage throws its remaining squadrons at you. No way to take out those beams as you're being pummeled by the Perseus' with Balors. Of course it was late, so I could've just been performing poorly myself.

Make sure you're on the latest patch. Did you download around release day?

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I will say this though, if you try to use the checkpoint system on Delenda Est there is no possible way to complete the mission on hard. The Katana and Alten Orde(?) jump in way too soon after the Carthage throws its remaining squadrons at you. No way to take out those beams as you're being pummeled by the Perseus' with Balors. Of course it was late, so I could've just been performing poorly myself.

Make sure you're on the latest patch. Did you download around release day?
Just a couple of weeks ago actually.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline est1895

Hi guys!  I'm crashing on the 14th mission and here's my FS2LOG.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hi guys!  I'm crashing on the 14th mission and here's my FS2LOG.

The heck...?

How did you make it up to the 14th mission?

You have a blueplanet2 folder inside your blueplanet2 folder. Move all the stuff in that second blueplanet2 out into the first one, then delete the empty folder.

You also...do not seem to have Blue Planet 1 installed at all. Where are your AoA Director's Cut files? All I see is the BP1 Audio VP.

You don't have 3D ship or weapon selection turned on either; please enable those.

Lastly...this log doesn't even seem to show mission loading. How are you able to get in-game at all with this error in the way?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What Battuta said.

est1985, for the last time, read the installation instructions in the War In Heaven release post AND FOLLOW THEM PRECISELY. If you do not do that, we CANNOT guarantee that anything will work correctly.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Norbert-

I wonder what the situation is in the outer reaches of Sol.
I know the GTVA controlled Neptune for a while and what happened during WiH 1, but what about Uranus and beyond?
Did the UEF have any holdings there in the first place and if yes how did they fare throughout the war?

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
This is going to deviate from the thread discussion slightly, but fear not, it's useful. I actually just finished Age of Aquarius. ****ing brilliant. This rivals the canon FS2 campaign (though FS1 still reigns supreme), that's how good it is. The story is, dare I say it, flawless. The Vishnans in particular blew me away.

I was disappointed to read that War in Heaven will not be voice acted. For me, the voices of Bei, Corey and Taylor (Taylor especially, whoever did her voice has got some ass-kicking talent) really helped make Age of Aquarius what it is. However, you guys have done a tremendous job as it is and I applaud you on everything you've done.

I won't be getting War in Heaven as of yet as I should really be focusing on exams, but in due time, I will play it. Blue Planet really exemplifies the apex of this community's talent. You guys are amazing. Thank you.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This is going to deviate from the thread discussion slightly, but fear not, it's useful. I actually just finished Age of Aquarius. ****ing brilliant. This rivals the canon FS2 campaign (though FS1 still reigns supreme), that's how good it is. The story is, dare I say it, flawless. The Vishnans in particular blew me away.

I was disappointed to read that War in Heaven will not be voice acted. For me, the voices of Bei, Corey and Taylor (Taylor especially, whoever did her voice has got some ass-kicking talent) really helped make Age of Aquarius what it is. However, you guys have done a tremendous job as it is and I applaud you on everything you've done.

I won't be getting War in Heaven as of yet as I should really be focusing on exams, but in due time, I will play it. Blue Planet really exemplifies the apex of this community's talent. You guys are amazing. Thank you.

War in Heaven will actually be VAed, it appears - we just said we couldn't do it on our own. But people have stepped up!

Really glad you enjoyed it.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
War in Heaven will actually be VAed, it appears - we just said we couldn't do it on our own. But people have stepped up!
Really glad you enjoyed it.

What I should have said was "disappointed that it wouldn't be voice acted immediately", lol. But not disappointed as in "damn, those guys should have done better", but a hopeful, "aww that sucks" sort of disappointed. I know you guys will deliver the awesomeness in due time!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play Blue Planet instead of studying for exams. :D
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

I'm running a GeForce GTX 295 and a Core 2 Quad processor, and I still have framerate issues on some levels. Is that normal? Any recomendations in hardware settings to make it move a little better?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm running a GeForce GTX 295 and a Core 2 Quad processor, and I still have framerate issues on some levels. Is that normal? Any recomendations in hardware settings to make it move a little better?

The War in Heaven models are very poorly optimized. You're gonna have to hold out while we try to get them fixed up, I'm afraid.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

Have a 260 and I experience some problems myself, but only in the most cap-ship crammed missions.

Still I think its all about engine performance more than your GPU being unable to handle the output, because I can play DeadSpaceTM , MW2TM without this horrendous lag and almost full render options in both.

though I could be wrong about engine performance...
el hombre vicio...