Author Topic: FringeSpace - Tachyon BaseWars Tournament  (Read 3012 times)

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
FringeSpace - Tachyon BaseWars Tournament

Greetings fellow gamers!

You're invited to participate in the FringeSpace - Tachyon BaseWars Tournament. Registration is open to teams and individuals,
so bring a "wingman" along if you can. The more who play, the more fun it will be - and all the more opposition to pulverize.

The Tournament will be a tiered event consisting of several teams competing for the grand prize of being in the FringeSpace
Alpha testers group. Basically they who hold the most territory by the final round, wins.

The grand champions will have access to early builds and suggest improvements directly with the development staff, as well
as get a peak on what we're working on for the future. Basically if you wanted someone to test a update to your favorite game,
wouldn't it be best to have the best players? Of course there's always the bragging rights of being the top team...

This has been advertised quite ahead of time to give all clans and groups time to break the rust off their ships and spend some
time training if needed.

Stop by the Tournament Command section of our forums to register, view more details, and interact with other pilots.

See you in the Fringe...

JGZinv
www.FringeSpace.org
FringeSpace - Tachyon to Freespace 2 Conversion Mod
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Re: FringeSpace - Tachyon BaseWars Tournament
This is the last notice being posted to inform people of the Tachyon - FringeSpace Tournament on November 1 and 2.
Please note that the rules for the competition have changed as of today (10/23) and now include Arena matches with
BaseWars. Team size has also been adjusted to function better with scoring and server load.

Full rules can be seen here:
http://www.fringespace.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=149

In addition - at this time I'm expecting around 40 players to show up (word of mouth), however I only have 11 people registered
for the tournament. Registration tells me what if any team preference you may have, when you can play, etc.
Forming teams is extremely difficult without this information.

If you plan on trying to play in the tournament, please register in the remaining week.
Registration is available here:
http://www.fringespace.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=146

If you are unable to access the forum, you can E-mail me the following information:

Name: (this can be game name or internet "handle", we don't need a real name - just something we can identify you by)
Clan or Group: (if you are not part of a clan, please list "independent")
Clan Interest: (this is asking if you are ok with being grouped into another clan temporarily if they don't have enough players.
If there's certain clans you don't like or do not want to be grouped together, please let us know here)

Skill Level: (this is just to let us know if you are new to Tachyon, and if you'd like some training - or if you're an old vet who already knows how to play.
Helps us with filling in holes in groups so we keep the skill level even and games fun.)

Time Zone:
Best Times Available to Play: (you can leave this in your own time zone & we'll convert it)
Voice Chat Program: (if you have one, like Ventrillo, Xfire, GSC, if not say "none")

I will be posting team formations and play times the night of Wednesday the 29th, if you don't have registration by then, I can't
place you in a team unless there's a last minute hole. By then e-mail will be too slow and folks will be starting.

Thank you.

-=]FS[=- JGZinv
FringeSpace Total Conversion Mod
www.FringeSpace.org
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod