Author Topic: My attempt at a F16 falcon.  (Read 2016 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
My attempt at a F16 falcon.
So i thought i would have a go at doing a F-16 fighter jet(with some artistic license) in 3ds max and this is what i have come up with. I am pretty pleased with it. Now comes the fun part of texturing!  :( (don't like texturing lol)

also on a side note, a friend of my sent me a model to look at, problem is he made it in lightwave and i don't have it, i use max. Is there a way i can covert it to work within 3ds max?

[attachment deleted by ninja]
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: My attempt at a F16 falcon.
So i thought i would have a go at doing a F-16 fighter jet(with some artistic license) in 3ds max and this is what i have come up with. I am pretty pleased with it. Now comes the fun part of texturing!  :( (don't like texturing lol)

also on a side note, a friend of my sent me a model to look at, problem is he made it in lightwave and i don't have it, i use max. Is there a way i can covert it to work within 3ds max?

all i can think of is get your friend to export it to obj ( 3ds might be possible, blender can so you never know ) and send you the exported file
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: My attempt at a F16 falcon.
I'm coming to the conclusion that 3DS is a nicer file format, and most programs will import and export it. All your data is in one file (not your textures, obviously, but there's no separate material [.mtl] file to be found), the file is generally quite a bit smaller than the comparable .obj file, heirarchy is maintained, and I'm thinking lighting/shading is also maintained as well. Wavefront object won't do those things...

In closing, my second-hand experience with Max suggests that it's one of the *****iest programs ever when it comes to opening files that aren't in its native file format. I could send AC3D and Blender the same .obj file with no problems, and Max would have an issue with that same file. You've been warned.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke