Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844038 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
-snip-

Oh cool, you learn something new everyday. Also, I knew it wasn't originally from Complex (I believe there was a controversy around them "stealing" models), just couldn't remember if it was TFS or another mod, thanks for pointing that out.

In the end, you've done a great job with the models.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Maybe in universe the blue EA ships are the newest, fresh off the assembly lines stuff and the grey EA ships are the older things they had? Or all EA ships are going to be blue eventually?
I for one am a fan of both themes, the smooth blue lines and the hard grey blocks.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Currently two EA ships are outfitted with new painting and proper UV texture, and those are Skotas and Kyrios. Skotas [EACv Darkness] is traditional EA warship, while Kyrios represents HWish way of designing ships and while Kyrios is actually newer than Skotas, other new ships exist using older EA tiles still exist in our modpack. Whole EA fleet is gonna be blue one day. Due to sheer amount of work, we have no idea how much time it take us to convert whole EA fleet to blue standard. Consider this blue paintjob as default texturing style of the EA. Tiled ships are just not retextured yet.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Currently two EA ships are outfitted with new painting and proper UV texture, and those are Skotas and Kyrios. Skotas [EACv Darkness] is traditional EA warship, while Kyrios represents HWish way of designing ships and while Kyrios is actually newer than Skotas, other new ships exist using older EA tiles still exist in our modpack. Whole EA fleet is gonna be blue one day. Due to sheer amount of work, we have no idea how much time it take us to convert whole EA fleet to blue standard. Consider this blue paintjob as default texturing style of the EA. Tiled ships are just not retextured yet.

Shhh, don't ruin Jellyfish's dreams
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!

Inferno: Nostos launches this year.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:41:37 pm by JSRNerdo »
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline CKid

Really digging the visual effects and music. Can't wait for release.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

That makes all of us! :P
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
It's teh awesome!  :cool:

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this!

Offline mr.WHO

Huh? Is Nostos the final release or just remake of R1? I waited for so long that I lost track of it.
Funny fact is that HLP was the first internet forum that I signed in and the Inferno mod was the reason. I was using modem back then.
Nostos release would be an end of some long era to me.

INF Nostos is an upgraded INFR1 with 30 instead of 15 missions, of which the first 15 will be in the upcoming release.

Huh? Is Nostos the final release or just remake of R1? I waited for so long that I lost track of it.
Funny fact is that HLP was the first internet forum that I signed in and the Inferno mod was the reason. I was using modem back then.
Nostos release would be an end of some long era to me.

Exactly the same here, just that I've never lost track of INF and joined the testing team (i.e. waiting is over for me) :D.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:53:35 am by Nightmare »

Offline CT27

I'm really looking forward to playing this. :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INF Nostos is an upgraded INFR1 with 30 instead of 15 missions, of which the first 15 will be in the upcoming release.
Basically this. The first release is 15 missions ending after the first Shivan arrival. The second release will be another 15 missions and will go to the end of the EA war. After that we'll see as we haven't decided if the second half of the campaign will be in 2 15 mission segments like the first half or be released as an all in one. Will probably depend on the development of the major ships like the Gigas/Icanus.

The team wanted to release something after all the years of work which is why we're doing a 15 mission release instead of the originally planned 30.
You'll be getting around 75 to 80% of the assets with the first release with more stuff added to R2 and R3 as needed. The first 15 missions have been done for several weeks now but I wanted some final touch ups to art assets and a chance for our model team to get some more last minute UV'd ships in there, as well as the upgraded Apothess which we were waiting on upgrading for months.

Release will probably be sometime in the next 3 to 6 weeks.

Offline CT27

Release will probably be sometime in the next 3 to 6 weeks.

Looking forward to it. :)

BTW, I know a lot of people are using the Knossos these days, but unfortunately I haven't made the switch yet since I'm still comfortable with the launcher/Installer set up.  I know this will be on Knossos, but will it also be available for manual download and/or the FSO Installer?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I know this will be on Knossos, but will it also be available for manual download and/or the FSO Installer?
Yes but I'm not sure if it'll be released at the same time as the Knossos version or later but we do plan to do a none Knossos release somewhere.
The install size is roughly 3.8GB for those who might need to make some space.

Offline mr.WHO

I haven't played Freespace SCP in a years - can you tell me what is the Knossos? Some kind of new launcher? does it work with GOG FS2?

EDIT: Is this the latest version of Knossos?
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:02:10 am by mr.WHO »

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I haven't played Freespace SCP in a years - can you tell me what is the Knossos? Some kind of new launcher? does it work with GOG FS2?
Knossos is the best way to install and play FSO.  It's basically Steam for FSO.  It works with both GoG and Steam FS2.
EDIT: Is this the latest version of Knossos?
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0
Yes.  If you have questions about it, try posting in that thread, so as not to derail this Inferno one.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It works with both GoG and Steam FS2.
As well as old retail disk copies not from those 2 sources.

Offline mr.WHO

I sold my FS2 disk like 10 years ago with 400% profit.

Anyway I'm installing knossos now (seem very nice) and looking forward to upcoming inferno release.

BTW With Inferno: Nostos good progress, what is the status of INF: Alliance and INF: Gateway (a half-rumor, half-confirmed campaign that involves Ancients).
Are they scrapped, on hold or progress slowly?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Are they scrapped, on hold or progress slowly?
In between scrapped and on hold right now. We'll see in the future since completing the main mod is our only priority now and there's much to do there.

Offline mr.WHO

That makes sense - better have one mod finished and released than 3 mods never finished.

I hope there will be enough momentum to finish INF:A, but now I'll be happy with upcoming Nostos.

Edit: I just installed Knossos and tried some flying - after the several years of break from FS2 I can't belive how crappy is my flying now :)