Author Topic: 2010-12-08 - Trailer 4  (Read 13093 times)

Offline CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck (at least i got something to play with)
2010-12-08 - Trailer 4
December 8th 2010 - Some BSG-ish action

Here it is. Diaspora Trailer No. 4. But be warned! This time you won't see any fancy new models or explosions and certainly no gameplay footage ;).

Diaspora Trailer 4 - ModDB
Diaspora Trailer 4 - YouTube

Music:
Bear McReary - Bloodshed
Diaspora Combat Track (edited)

I tried to catch the feeling of the series' battles with this one, while everything is still possible ingame and needs just some fredding skills and Track IR. No effects added in post production besides the usual fade-ins and fade-outs.

Me and my PC actually went through some trouble to get this baby finished. The PC's CPU fan practically died while encoding the final release candidate and the CPU temperature reached 90°. So i had to rush to the next shop and buy a new CPU cooler to get this trailer out in a reasonable time frame. I'm happy my CPU didn't get cooked. And I'm happy the team didn't whip me for delaying the relase of the trailer another day.
And the trouble i went through... a certain neck-pain was a big issue for some days. And I don't want to speak about the laughs i earned from family members, cause i was shaking and waving my head around in front of my computer, like some... well, like some Track IR user.

P.S.: The girl died in the end.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:13:28 pm by karajorma »
take me out to the black,
tell 'em i ain't coming back,
i don't care, i'm still free,
you can't take the sky from me

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
w00t! Once again Diaspora proves itself to be above most professional-quality games. That is all simply epic.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
 :yes2: :jaw: :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
umm.....you used the wrong "its"
AND THAT RUINED THE TRAILER!!
except for the epic parts, which were the rest

Offline Shade

We noticed. We'll replace the video with a grammar-nazi approved version tomorrow :D In our defense, it was 2am when this was uploaded and we were interested exclusively in getting it out the door so we could get a night's sleep. Which I'm gonna go get right now.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Man, launching a viper from theseus looks ****ing dangerous when she's fire, there's guns above and below you, how the hell do you escape the firing solution!
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
so awesome..
el hombre vicio...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Man, launching a viper from theseus looks ****ing dangerous when she's fire, there's guns above and below you, how the hell do you escape the firing solution!

It's a Battlestar.  It'd designed for rapid fighter deployment.  You launch before the enemy is in range and the CIWS need to open fire.  Well that's the theory at least until the enemy jumps in close. :P
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
hey its better then being launched right next to the heavy artillery like the Mercs
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Pure win, and I'll leave it at that :yes:
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
It was too short  :(

More seriously, thank you for having the courage for encoding this, even with the risk of losing your CPU  :yes:

I repeat what I said in the Eyecandy thread : your explosions are awesome ! Diaspora FTW !
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
OUTSTANDING!!!! the thessie is very beauty  :eek:
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Wow.  Now I officially have an excuse to upgrade my computer.   :lol:
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline A2597

OK, just plain wow.

You guys are on a SERIOUS media kick and I love it! It's getting me all hyped for this game again. :D

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I was watching, and all 'yep, pretty cool.'  And then **** started exploding.

AND I
JIZZED
IN
MY PANTS.

Seriously, would you guys be willing to share how you made explosions like those at 0:47?  That was flippin' beautiful.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Script combined with regular explosions. Script is what makes the big star flash with the trails.

Offline peterv

GREAT job people  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Jaw...meet floor.

Every new picture and trailer you guys release is more impressive than the last. I don't know how much more of this anticipation building I can take!

Offline Nighteyes

Script combined with regular explosions. Script is what makes the big star flash with the trails.

not correct, its a normal explosion as well, IIRC there is no script that can create an effect like that with particles.
expect even better looking explosions, as this trailer doesn't show the new burning debris script as well as adjustment I made for the capship deaths, glad to hear positive feedback for the effects, thanks :)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

not correct, its a normal explosion as well, IIRC there is no script that can create an effect like that with particles.
expect even better looking explosions, as this trailer doesn't show the new burning debris script as well as adjustment I made for the capship deaths, glad to hear positive feedback for the effects, thanks :)

burning debris, eh..?
smexy