Author Topic: 2010-12-27 - Viper MK7 cockpit  (Read 31509 times)

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Re: 2010-27-12 Viper MK7 cockpit
[You can't go home again] Not sure if its this episode, but Kara does get quite a good look at the internal Cylon Raider cockpit, I imagine we can have something cool (cool?!) like that.
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline newman

[You can't go home again] Not sure if its this episode, but Kara does get quite a good look at the internal Cylon Raider cockpit, I imagine we can have something cool (cool?!) like that.

You mean those guts and innards? A Cylon raider is basically done like a space animal. It doesn't see it's guts and innards any more than you see the insides of your own skull when walking around - that "eye" slot with the red glow is basically it's eye, and a raider sees everything in front of that, directly out into space. Just a separate Cylon HUD and possibly a wide angle FOV would do the trick nicely. Doing that guts and innards cockpit would make absolutely zero sense.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
unless we were a human pilot in it.

What about a cockpit for the heavy raider? We know they had skinjob pilots from time to time.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline newman

unless we were a human pilot in it.

Obviously. The only instance where this would be applicable is when starbuck "hotwires" her raider in the aforementioned episode. To pull it off, you'd have to actually play as Starbuck (unless we fanwank an instance when it happens again, but frankly this happening twice seems like too much of a stretch), we'd have to put in an enormous amount of work into creating not just the raider interior with all the guts and gore, but also the planet surface you take off from. After that, the mission would basically be to avoid Apollo's fire until you land on Galactica.
In short, it would be an incredible amount of work to pull off something that offers minimal gameplay value - don't expect it to happen unless someone mods it in on his own.

What about a cockpit for the heavy raider? We know they had skinjob pilots from time to time.

That, on the other hand, is possible, but it won't happen in R1. Heavy raider can also fly on it's own just like a regular raider, and doing cockpits is a lot of work - so for starters you'll just have to imagine that you *are* the heavy raider when flying it in multiplayer :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:07:22 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
That, on the other hand, is possible, but it won't happen in R1. Heavy raider can also fly on it's own just like a regular raider, and doing cockpits is a lot of work - so for starters you'll just have to imagine that you *are* the heavy raider when flying it in multiplayer :)

We could also give it Heavy Weapons Guy quotes to differentiate it further from the tiny puny Raider. 

In multi the Heavy could blurt out "Entire team is babies!" and "Cy some more!" as you chew up Vipers.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline newman

In multi the Heavy could blurt out "Entire team is babies!" and "Cy some more!" as you chew up Vipers.

Hail to the king, baby.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
you *are* the heavy raider
But I'm already the demons
and then I was a zombie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
and then I was a zombie

oh snap

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
and then I was a zombie

oh snap

* StarSlayer suddenly reveals this thread to be a Mob Trap! 

Time to gather up some loot.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Something a little different.In the raptor cockpit how about adding a human co pilot? The model would probably be very low poly.Im not sure if the FSO engine is even capable of having human models.Let alone the animation for one. Is it?

Offline newman

You can model pretty much any shape you like, humans included, so that's not a problem. The reason I didn't put a co-pilot in the raptor cockpit is simply because there's no way of animating it; we all felt that having a completely stiff mannequin doll would feel awkward so we just kept the seat empty.
Secondly, about the low poly pilot - remember that the distances you see things from inside the cockpit are very much different to those you see other ships from. Inside the cockpit things are all very close to you, so a very low poly pilot would just look bad.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:15:35 pm by newman »

If you ever have a 1st cylon war release and do a cockpit of the old raiders a stiff Cylon would look fine.Just add an animated red eye to them. Cylons would be pretty stiff looking to begin with so it doesnt matter if they are animated or not.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Also there is no way to have multiple cockpits for a model so on missions where you fly solo the co-pilot would be there.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline newman

If you ever have a 1st cylon war release and do a cockpit of the old raiders a stiff Cylon would look fine.Just add an animated red eye to them. Cylons would be pretty stiff looking to begin with so it doesnt matter if they are animated or not.

Obviously. Amazingly enough we do think of these things on our own :P