Author Topic: 2012-09-04 - MKVIIE Strike Viper  (Read 17826 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: 12-9-04 - MKVIIE Strike Viper
The Rhino is... I forgot the percentage, but yes, it is quite a bit more substantial than the first-gen Hornets.

To be honest, the thing I've been wanting to try at some point is kitbashing the VII and the VIIE to better match the nose and canopy sections to the canon fighter, as those areas look a bit awkward in comparison. The canopy is a bit too bulbous in the front from my perspective, and the nosecone exhibits a rather strange bulkiness that is more akin to the original Vipers (1978) than the new Mk VII's from the show. Please don't take any offense to that, it's just my own feelings on the matters of detail.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I wonder if/when someone is going to export the .pof and make a miniature with a rapid prototyper...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline crizza

well, in any case, I would pay good money for a conversion kit to make this out of the Mobius Mk VII

A conversion kit wouldn't cut it - trust me, I modeled her :) She's similar to the Mk.VII, but different enough you'd need to rebuild her completely. This would need to be a separate kit.
Uh, care to explain what this is all about?
Different versions of the Viper VII...yeah...but what versions?

well, in any case, I would pay good money for a conversion kit to make this out of the Mobius Mk VII

A conversion kit wouldn't cut it - trust me, I modeled her :) She's similar to the Mk.VII, but different enough you'd need to rebuild her completely. This would need to be a separate kit.
Uh, care to explain what this is all about?
Different versions of the Viper VII...yeah...but what versions?

I was referring to the plastic model kit of the mk VII, at first glance it looked like it would be an easy conversion, to make the VII kit into a StrikeViper.  Now that I've had a chance to really look at it, I guess you guys are right, it wouldn't be an easy mod.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I've seen some crazy awesome stuff done with plasticard, greenstuff and spare bitz.  The orthos above were roughly based off the Zoic VII so it's possible I think to convert one.  Though the end result would probably have more scratchbuilt parts in it then the original scale model.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
maybe timeslip creations should be interested to produce one of them in resin kit....i Have the MkVII retconned they did time ago, and the quality is awesome! (i think the moebius MK VII and II have the same pilot model TSC did.
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Random question - would it be possible to see Wildcard's old Mk VIIE? I'm curious to compare it to the new one.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke