Author Topic: [RELEASE] GTF Vali  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Although further experiments involving hybridisation of Alliance technology with shivan were oficially cancelled after Hades Rebellion, special forces of the GTVA still wished to utilise advanced shivan technological solutions in next-generation spacecraft designs in the near future. After second shivan incursion and Capella Incident, GTVA gathered new intel mostly thanks to captured Mara fighters. A special, secret commission by Nankam Aeronautical, the Vali is prototype of next-generation interceptor design featuring full integration of shivan technological advancements. One of the fastest crafts ever deployed by GTVA, the Vali has paper-thin hull to reduce weight, but Mara-inspired reactor provide power for sheer amount of shielding and high energy capacity for Kayser cannons or other next-generation GTVA primary weapons. Vali is as deadly, as she looks like. Designed after Perseus and Loki fighters, Vali quickly exceeded all initial expectations and become the most powerful hunter-killer fighter available to GTVA forces. Currently deployed in limited numbers to SOC's flagship GTD Equilibrium, Vali is expected to replace Perseus when her op-eval period is completed.

One of my most successful recent designs and I'm personally very satisfied with how she finally came out. Terran-shivan hybrid advanced interceptor - the GTF Vali known from WiP stuff thread. Now she can be yours!

Technical notes:
- Fully PBR-textured ship, so she won't work with older, non-PBR builds.
- Supports recent heightmap build.
- Due to lack of environment lightning implementation, current release uses significantly brighter albedo to avoid "Black Death Leviathan" syndrome. Alternate albedo, with PBR-correct color profile is included with Hi-Res maps and awaiting enviro lightning implementation... Or is there for those, who prefer full PBR experiance. Just make sure you use it with recent nightly!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:06:29 am by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

The way things go recently, creating new ships has almost become a one-man-show here. :D
Interesting to see some PBR-ready stuff, there's not much out here yet. :)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
It's like the Perseus had an evil twin brother.  :p

Seriously this looks rad!

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Looks great! c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

when hercules mk2, myrmidon, perseus collide, this is what you get.

JK. Just Kidding... Nice model tho.
Requiescat in pace

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Redownload, launch using newest nightly and feel the REAL PBR power :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Completely missed this a few months ago, this is great!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

THAT is a beauty of a ship! I hope we see this in future campaigns!