Author Topic: The Millennium Falcon (Complete)  (Read 71746 times)

Re: The Millennium Falcon (Complete)
How many times have you asked me again?  Quit it.
Only two or three times, man. But you never responded so what was I to think?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
That's kinda like asking when a mod is gonna be done. What kind of answer were you expecting?

That's kinda like asking when a mod is gonna be done. What kind of answer were you expecting?
For one wallpaper? How about, "I'm not done with it yet, but it's coming" or "I've decided to put it off to continue working on the mod". It's not that big a deal, but cut me some slack for not being in the loop.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
For those who are complaining about the Falcon not being dirty enough, it's probably just the lighting in the shots I've posted, which have been based off of brightly lit movie stills.  Here's another based off a still with lower lighting.

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Yep. There she is. The most beautiful hunk-a-junk in the galaxy! :nod:

I think she looks gorgeous, brand. The dirt/scorch mark detail is spot on. :yes:

And she's my new desktop.  :D

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Ooooooh! Shiny!

Or, y'know, not.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
LODded, converted, committed. Certainly the toughest one I've ever converted; the turrets and thrusters weren't exactly trivial to get to look and work right.

As for the turrets: you can choose whether to let the gunners fire at will or whether to fire them forward manually. You choose by selecting one of the two available primaries; if you have the "gunner control" primary selected then the gunners will operate the turrets, or if you switch to the "manual control" primary, the turrets will reset to pointing forward and you can fire them with your primary trigger. I'm going to also look into whether it's feasible to add fake comms menu entries for the gunners so you can actually easily tell them to, for example, fire on a specific target.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
This is what it looks like in-game. Ambient lighting is 70.

My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline zookeeper

Here's a couple more screenshots. TopAce, I think you forgot to turn normal maps on. :D

FXAA doesn't seem to be on in mine, though.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Yes, sorry. I forgot I had a stupid, slow machine and I can't afford all the FSO graphical enhancements.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
For those who are complaining about the Falcon not being dirty enough, it's probably just the lighting in the shots I've posted, which have been based off of brightly lit movie stills.  Here's another based off a still with lower lighting.

This has become my new desktop at work! :)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Is it just me, or does the FSO rendering engine not do Brand's model proper justice?

Hmm, nice work on the thruster. That must be a whole lot of thruster points, hmm?

Is it just me, or does the FSO rendering engine not do Brand's model proper justice?

Probably the resolution of the maps, they seem to have been significantly scaled down from the render.

Offline zookeeper

Hmm, nice work on the thruster. That must be a whole lot of thruster points, hmm?

Fifty-nine. ;) Unfortunately, it can't be a lot less without the glow turning all bumpy when seen from above or below.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
A slightly better shot here showing some more detail and the like, I don't think it looks too bad at all...

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Ooooooh... in game? Me likey! It looks damn good. :nod:

Much better.  :D That first set of screenshots just didn't bring out the details as much as that last one. Also, love the shadow from the Falcon's main dish. *props to Val*

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor

Probably the resolution of the maps, they seem to have been significantly scaled down from the render.
It also looks like the FSO version isn't using the height maps that the rendered version gets so much of its detail from. IIRC heightmaps look very good for that type of detail at anything less than maximum resolution.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon