Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141192 times)

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
Would the UEF surrender be end of act 4 or during act 5?

Were Caulder and Netreba willingly sacrificing themselves for the node ship to reach its target or did they just F things up?

Gonna bet act 4. We've known the act names for ages, and 5 is called Revenant. As in, after the death of the UEF. Also, Morrigan in Shadow is basically a de-Vishnaned rewrite of act 5 AFAIK.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Would the UEF surrender be end of act 4 or during act 5?

Were Caulder and Netreba willingly sacrificing themselves for the node ship to reach its target or did they just F things up?

End of Act 4. The Eris and Toutatis get knocked out/destroyed earlier, during the Fall of Mars. Calder goes out doing exactly what he wanted - fighting an all-in brawl with Steele, no subspace speed chess, no ECM wizardry, no Just As Planned for Steele to dance away unscathed.

Offline CT27

Did Admiral Netreba survive the Eris getting heavily damaged and knocked out of action?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yes.

Are glowpoint overrides ever going to be added in the game again like they were when act 3 was newly released in 2014

Calder goes out doing exactly what he wanted - fighting an all-in brawl with Steele, no subspace speed chess, no ECM wizardry, no Just As Planned for Steele to dance away unscathed.
If Calder gets the exact situation he wanted, then why does he lose? Incompetence, bad luck, suicidal tendencies, or did he willingly engage with his fleet at a disadvantage? If the latter, why?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If Calder gets the exact situation he wanted, then why does he lose? Incompetence, bad luck, suicidal tendencies, or did he willingly engage with his fleet at a disadvantage? If the latter, why?

The situation he wanted was a brutal brawling match between his Destroyers and Steele's. He is, in many ways, very GTVA-like in his thinking: Where the GTVA is looking for a Lucifer or Sathanas whose destruction will mark, if not the end, then at least the turning point of a conflict, Calder is looking for Steele. He wants, metaphorically speaking, to have a battle of champions to decide the war.

Calder thinks he has a chance to win this fight. He believes that, if he can get into a close-range fight, he can nullify the GTVA's advantages; Using his superior maneuverability and (individually) superior strikecraft to suppress the immense forward firepower of Atreus and Imperieuse long enough for his ballistic weaponry to inflict crippling damage on the other side.

Unfortunately for him, Steele is just as adept at reading a tac plot and coming up with countermaneuvers as he is -- And unlike Calder, who has to keep the GTVA ships in range and under fire for a long time to inflict significant damage, Steele only needs a small window of opportunity to do the same to the UEF vessels.

The moral of the story is that, even when you do manage to create the most favourable situation you can, victory isn't assured.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:23:16 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That's an age old immutable fact. 

So steele survived Calder?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Calder goes out doing exactly what he wanted - fighting an all-in brawl with Steele, no subspace speed chess, no ECM wizardry, no Just As Planned for Steele to dance away unscathed.

When you're losing the deterministic war, your only hope of victory is to take chances.

Plus, at this point Calder's motive wasn't so much to win the war as to make Steele hurt - to remind him that war isn't just a chess game where victory is all that matters. He forced Steele into the kind of fight Steele doesn't like, and made him pay for it.

Offline Gray113

I'm starting to think hope that this thread is a false flag by the team and we will have the glorious release of BP war in heaven acts 4 & 5 next week featuring a completely different plot, followed by act 1 of Blue planet 3..........

A man can dream right?  :confused:

Offline Gray113

He forced Steele into the kind of fight Steele doesn't like, and made him pay for it.

So we get to kill Serkr team? Wohoo  :D

I'm starting to think hope that this thread is a false flag by the team and we will have the glorious release of BP war in heaven acts 4 & 5 next week featuring a completely different plot, followed by act 1 of Blue planet 3..........

A man can dream right?  :confused:

1. Learn/improve your FREDing
2. Join the team
3. Make it happen

See? There are no excuses. ;)

Offline CT27

That's an age old immutable fact. 

So steele survived Calder?

It was said earlier Steele was able to get into bombardment positions over Earth so I'm guessing yes.

Also GB, to echo another question here, what did happen to Serkr?

Offline Fully

How did steele deal with the Fedayeen? What's the head/ship count for both sides at the end of the act?

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Did the masyaf get exploded at the end of act 3?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Did the masyaf get exploded at the end of act 3?

No. Knocked out for a bit though.

Are glowpoint overrides ever going to be added in the game again like they were when act 3 was newly released in 2014
Can someone please tell

Offline QuakeIV

• test
>ponders for a day or so

Does the Indus ever return to some kind of service?

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
>ponders for a day or so

Does the Indus ever return to some kind of service?

That might depend on how irradiated it was. I doubt many crews would volunteer for a ship that glows in the dark 😜
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]