Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190422 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Act 0 (DEMO)
It's time to stop!

Agreed.  Seriously; this thread has turned into troll heaven, and poor Bryanchan has no clue that he's being trolled since Page 1 and that the vast majority of people here don't give two marbles for his project except for the lulz.  I'm done with this brain dead topic; time to extubate and pull the plug.  Won't post here again.  Goodbye.

R
@Nyctaeus and @Rampage: Agreed with you. When I started this topic after I was told to finish this project by someone, I didn't know I was trolled since Page 1. You were supposed to give feedback. Blame woutersmits for the part.

For me personally, I was supposed to contribute to the FreeSpace Open and now since 3.8 it suffered from various issues relating to Unicode Mode. Making the HTL SC Raguel was serious work. Creating campaigns and missions. Trolls don't do any of these. The earlier release (FreeSpace Reunited) was improper, unfortunately. There is a reason why. It's complicated, but ranges from family obligations to university work.

Anyway, Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within should be released on Knossos in a week (or earlier). And, contrary to popular opinion among people here don't give two marbles for my project except for the lulz, I don't volunteer to seek attention and create anything for the lulz, and I am not an idiot, nor a Schmuck, for the most part.

EDIT: Shattered Stars is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:10:04 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

goober is not happy why you stealing my projsct
this is not alowwed i hwve contact with admin

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Don't pay any heed to Rampage, we're all very interested in the content of this thread.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Don't pay any heed to Rampage, we're all very interested in the content of this thread.

What he said.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
In all seriousness I agree with Nyctaeus/Rampage. It's not quite in the spirit of things for this thread to be the butt of all HLP's jokes.

Really tho. My earlier comment is no lie; if the Doom Slayer shows up I will at the very very least play that part of the mod if not the whole thing. Depending on how much he appears.  :ha: :nod:

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Agreed, but I stick with Nyctaeus/Rampage. I have no idea why this thread has became a troll haven since my first post, but I also have no real idea what this mod is really about, other than the fact that it is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga. I know, vaguely, of the mod's plot, setting and races (other than the Shivans, the player's faction) but that is about it.

My project is not about trolling and not about being made for the lulz.

FYI, an IMDB page was created. The ModDB and wiki pages are updated to reflect this. The Teaser Demo will be available on December 14th.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:12:31 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I also have no real idea what this mod is really about, other than the fact that it is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga. I know, vaguely, of the mod's plot, setting and races (other than the Shivans, the player's faction) but that is about it.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

but he stealing my projact happynewyear

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...but I also have no real idea what this mod is really about...
I told you many things, but there is one in particular that I repeat hundreds times...

Hundreds. ****ing. Times.

Idea -> Design Doc -> Plot line and mission list from start to finish -> Work
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
I also have no real idea what this mod is really about, other than the fact that it is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga. I know, vaguely, of the mod's plot, setting and races (other than the Shivans, the player's faction) but that is about it.

Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well, remembers me from The Babylon Project.

A helluva modpack with all ships we ever saw in all the Babylon 5 series and movies, but not really an idea what to do with it :D.
It was only a mod pack that offer all kind of ships and races, but the community have to create missions and campaigns for that... well, did not really worked IMO.

But well, maybe there are some people who are interested to create a Star Ixion sequel... for these guys Shattered Stars could be the game they ever wished  ;)
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
How's the gameplay?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

A helluva modpack with all ships we ever saw in all the Babylon 5 series and movies, but not really an idea what to do with it :D.
It was only a mod pack that offer all kind of ships and races, but the community have to create missions and campaigns for that... well, did not really worked IMO.

But well, maybe there are some people who are interested to create a Star Ixion sequel... for these guys Shattered Stars could be the game they ever wished  ;)
Basicly like Inferno...

Wait! No! At least, we have a campaign. Quite good one. And our assets are mostly produced by team members, not pillaged from whatever we had in sight.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

How's the gameplay?

Shivan capship command with introns.

Basicly like Inferno...

Wait! No! At least, we have a campaign. And our assets are mostly produced by team members, not pillaged from whatever we had in sight.

As many ships as in all releases of INF. In one mission. Would be an innovation atleast.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
How's the gameplay?

Shivan capship command with introns.

Basicly like Inferno...

Wait! No! At least, we have a campaign. And our assets are mostly produced by team members, not pillaged from whatever we had in sight.

As many ships as in all releases of INF. In one mission. Would be an innovation atleast.
I take this as a complement. Player ships (including fighter and bomber ships), and wingmen also have introns.

You may not notice that there will be UIMS, Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen ships from Star Ixiom, whom Novachen suggested that some people who are interested to create a sequel to it and that "Shattered Stars could be the game they ever wished." I suggest you take this to Dragon's Lair Fans forum instead?

We have the Teaser Demo. We have Act 1. Act 2. Act 3. Act 4. And Act 5. But...

...but I also have no real idea what this mod is really about...
I told you many things, but there is one in particular that I repeat hundreds times...

Hundreds. ****ing. Times.

Idea -> Design Doc -> Plot line and mission list from start to finish -> Work

I need to write down an idea, then a design doc, a plot line and mission list, but where's the template to this? I need it in either LATEX or DOCX or LibreOffice.

The idea is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga following Blue Planet, setting at the same timeframe as the 2018 Mortal Engines film (whose events and ending are local) as the spiritual sequel to Star Ixiom, with the 2004 BSG series continuity being part due to its nature as a saga of ancient history taking place more than 150,000 years.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

My personal opinion is that there's a logic conflict in the very idea want to present Shattered Stars as the "Epilog of FS". If you randomly include other franchises, you'll end up with something that has not that much to do with FS anymore. Also, as good as BP is, it violates the idea that the Shivans are the preservers as a result of eliminating species capable of interstellar travel. So if you make BP part of your epilog project, you'll end up straying away further and further from what FS is.

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam

I need to write down an idea, then a design doc, a plot line and mission list, but where's the template to this? I need it in either LATEX or DOCX or LibreOffice.

The idea is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga following Blue Planet, setting at the same timeframe as the 2018 Mortal Engines film (whose events and ending are local) as the spiritual sequel to Star Ixiom, with the 2004 BSG series continuity being part due to its nature as a saga of ancient history taking place more than 150,000 years.

New Drinking Game: Take a shot everytime Bryan explains what Shattered Stars it, despite everyone else already having heard it god-knows how many times.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

New Drinking Game: Take a shot everytime Bryan explains what Shattered Stars it, despite everyone else already having heard it god-knows how many times.

Nobody would survive that, not even Mr. Dekker. :shaking:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Nobody would survive that, not even Mr. Dekker. :shaking:
Even your local, favorite, slav modders who drink vodka to every meal.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Yet despite all of this, I'm still not sure what exactly Shattered Stars is about.
MORTAL ENGINES.
And I'm sure spiderman is somewhere in there too.
And Tom cruise.

Oh okay, glad to see I'm not the only one then.

But release in like 5 days from now, right?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them