Author Topic: Just maybe, I am able to help out, take a (snowy) peak.  (Read 3394 times)

Offline -Sara-

Just maybe, I am able to help out, take a (snowy) peak.
Been inspired by WiH and tried to make an animated AVI of a talking character, in this case I tried a generic marine woman from a random boarding party. It's just a small example of what I can do. Normally there'd be a detailed background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEavbXR3rSo

I use Poser 8 for my rendering and animating work and through the program I am able to recreate basically any face I'd like (as long as I have reference material), I can stick that character into a uniform or whatever, animate body and head movements and make their mouth move to talk. Expressions such as sudden shock, screaming, looking angry or shaking a fist at the camera are possible as well. Per example, if as a joke one of the forum users is to feature in a comm-AVI, as long as I have a photo that can be done.

Now maybe you'll think "no thanks" and that is fine, but if you can use someone to make completely custom AVI's of almost any kind (as long as they're terran) then let me know. I just enjoyed WiH a lot and thought I'd offer to help out if that is wanted with the ability to make those AVI's.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:53:09 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Just maybe, I am able to help out, take a peak.
That's really good. Easily of better quality than most of the FS2 head anis. Expect to hear back soon! (And don't get poached!)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh yes. We would really, really like any new head ani we can get. So, here's the requirements:
-- Rendered at 160x120 resolutions
-- Rendered as single frames, not a finished video
-- 3 different animations per head

If you can provide that, I or someone else on the team can do the necessary conversions.
Get in touch with us concerning the character's looks, and thanks for the offer!
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Sara-

Should be possible. If any of your heads should be included as easter-eggs I can try that as well.

Do know that I have a lot of workload, so I may need time to do this.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh, no problem. When they're done, they're done.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
-Sara-, the animation is good, but I was wondering if it is possible for you to try create animations that are character style-wise closer to BP:AoA comm animations rather than retail FS animations?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
-Sara-, the animation is good, but I was wondering if it is possible for you to try create animations that are character style-wise closer to BP:AoA comm animations rather than retail FS animations?

Huh, what's the big difference? We use a few of BlackWolf's animations which are pretty close to FS2 retail.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Actually we use none of BW's animations, none of them made it into the BP2 release because you and others said AoA ones are much better despite them being already associated to AoA characters.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Actually we use none of BW's animations, none of them made it into the BP2 release because you and others said AoA ones are much better despite them being already associated to AoA characters.

I believe we used some of them, did we not? It was just the beardyman!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Sorry, all head anis BP has are those in AoA.

Offline -Sara-

Will have to take a look at them, but the model I build the different appearances on is pre-constructed to pretty much match a realistic look. I can try to make them look AoA-like, but no promises.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

Got one, now what do I do?

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I don't get the "joke". :wtf:

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I don't get the "joke". :wtf:

Oh good, I wasn't the only one  :wtf:
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's a pun.

A very, very bad one.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
It's a pun.

A very, very bad one.

Glad someone around here can spell; Fury and Ravenholme had me worried for a minute :P  Apologies for the derailment.

Peak = mountain top; peek = look
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:16:36 am by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
It's a pun.

A very, very bad one.

Glad someone around here can spell; Fury and Ravenholme had me worried for a minute :P

Peak = mountain top; peek = look

Oh right, you're referring to the typo in the title. I was looking for the joke elsewhere (In post content)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline -Sara-

I blaim writing that message at about 2 am my time, after 2 hours of making that head ani. >_> I even considered is it 'peak or peek'? Then I thougt heck, that head-ani is what matters. :P