Announcements > Getting Started

Having problems with FreeSpace?

<< < (39/40) > >>

jr2:
Perhaps there was a space in the path.  In which case, you need quotes.

--- Code: ---java -jar "c:\games\freespace 2\fsopeninstaller.jar"
--- End code ---

Running it without the quotes will cause the command interpreter to stop at "freespace" and put the rest in as an argument to that command, e.g., it will pass "2\fsopeninstaller.jar" to the non-existent "c:\games\freespace.exe"

ArekRashan:
I'm still getting the "Unhandled error in setting HKLM key in registry! Access is denied" error in wxlauncher after following all the steps in this thread: wxlauncher unhandled error. Not sure what else to try at this point, so any help would be appreciated! I'm running Windows 10.

jr2:
When you double-clicked on the .reg file, what happened?   Did it ask for confirmation, then say "registry import successful" or somesuch?  Or did it just open the text in Notepad?

ArekRashan:

--- Quote from: jr2 on November 04, 2016, 11:54:55 pm ---When you double-clicked on the .reg file, what happened?   Did it ask for confirmation, then say "registry import successful" or somesuch?  Or did it just open the text in Notepad?

--- End quote ---

It did import the .reg file successfully. I also went into regedit and made sure that all the Volition/Freespace2 keys under HKEY_USERS as well as HKEY_CURRENT_USER grant full control to "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES". Ultimately, I was never able to get this working under the release (0.10.1) wxlauncher version, but I finally tried the 0.11.0 pre-release which worked right away.

Thanks for the reply!

BoOReD:
Hello, i've tried googling this without much success, does this work on windows10? Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version