Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308807 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: What are you working on?
Very cool and I like the styling.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

So this is basicly a mini-Harpy without subspace drive? Neat.

Awesome design as always. :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Logo for a new faction. Keeping it clean and simple.

I've finally figured out how to do node compositing and post-processing, time to play around with it!

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:53:25 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Chuditch.

Dasyurus geoffroii?

Other suggestions:
- Actaeon: A mythological greek hunter and heron of city Thebes. Died being torn apart by his own hunting dogs after having been transformed into a stag by Artemis, whom he had seen bathing naked. His story is generally remembered now for the "hunter becoming the hunted" as an ironic punishment; in antiquity it might also served as an alegory to ritual animal sacrife to regain a deities favour.
- Spartoi (note: Plural): In greek mythology, the "sown" warriors that grew from the teeth of dragons planted in the earth. In the tale of Cadmus, he was able to make those he had created on the advice of Athena to fight each other by tossing a stone into their ranks. The remaining spartoi were then to supposed to have founded the warrior elite of the city Thebes. (Note: sowing dragons teeth is also one of the labours of Jason during his stay in Clochis)
- Talos: In greek mythology, a man-like figure out of bronze that guarded the island of Crete. When the Argo tried to pass the island, he hurlded boulders at it to keep the ship away. In order for the Argo to pass, he had to be enchanted and then killed by Medea.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Chuditch.

Dasyurus geoffroii?

Yep. :D They're small, but they have sharp teeth. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Esarai made a Terran juggernaut a long time ago. Since there's not much utility for such things outside of a specific campaign centerpiece, I grabbed the mesh and remixed it into something more viable. It's supposed to be a counterpart to the GTC Atlantis. What do you think?

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

There's already a GTC Atlantis in ED. Could be either something T-V hybrid or something pre-FS1 IMO.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
This new model I'm calling the GTC Avalon, and it's supposed to be the smaller, less armored cousin to ED's Atlantis.

This new model I'm calling the GTC Avalon, and it's supposed to be the smaller, less armored cousin to ED's Atlantis.

I should read more careful. :nervous:

So Avalon=>Atlantis is supposed to be a couple like Fenris=>Leviathan?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
That's the idea; the Atlantis started with the Avalon's frame and layered thick armor onto it, and wedged a beam cannon between the front mandibles. Result, fewer opportunities for turret placement but lots more hitpoints.

I'd prefer this to be rather some sort of prototype rather than a full ship class, but that's just my personal liking. :)

Offline 0rph3u5

Esarai made a Terran juggernaut a long time ago. Since there's not much utility for such things outside of a specific campaign centerpiece, I grabbed the mesh and remixed it into something more viable. It's supposed to be a counterpart to the GTC Atlantis. What do you think?

Looks good, but I think the texture in the "unarmored" areas doesn't look to scale with the rest of ship IMO.

something pre-FS1 IMO.

Too many turrets
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

something pre-FS1 IMO.

Too many turrets

It indeed seems to have quite a lot of turrets.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I like that a huge gun-bearing ship bears a lot of guns.   I approve this design and wish it all the successes it deserves.

* Colonol Dekker smashes a bottle of Bosch beer over the bow.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
GTC Avalon slides into subspace

It's nice to have a ship that can effectively use the LTerSlash. It's criminally overlooked.

Offline 0rph3u5

I like that a huge gun-bearing ship bears a lot of guns.

Call me a minimalist, but I find ships with less guns to have much more utility than those bristling with it. And I will remain ciritical of this community's tendency to produce overgunned ships to my or said trends bitter end.

E.g. with you loose all turrets but the multiparts from the Avalon and then use the gap between the primary and secondary hull to mount, like 4, ship-to-ship-missile or torpedoes - voila, ship with a neat niche as strike-jump torpedo boat for attacks on installations (when normal bombers can't be deployed - like at time when there is no intersystem-drives for fighters and carriers were rare and precious)

==================

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I like that a juggernaut bristles, as it jolly well should.   I also like stylistic less armoured ships.   But a big fleet flagship should be heaving with cannon.    Like the man-o-war of old.   How many guns did HMS Victory have?   I forgot but it was more than a few dozen.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline 0rph3u5

Dekker, you have weird priorities.

Can't really fault you for wanting a Spanish Armada in FS, 'cause how Terran ships tend to be broadside-oriented designs. (It is actually quite consistent that all three canon species have their main weapons in FS2 oriented around one axis each. - Terrans, lateral; Vasudans, dorsal>ventral; Shivans, anterior>>posterior; notable exceptions being the Hecate and the Demon)

==================

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I don't think my priorities are weird.   I'm just an old battleship romantic.  I also prefer to associate with the victorious Royal Naval Fleets over some Spaniards Armada ;)

Each to their own though.  Good observations regarding the zods.   The Aten is the only one off the top of my head with a general spread of weapons non forward facing.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline 0rph3u5

Meanwhile, following folding the bonus mission TLG-J back into the campaign via an easy branch, I am writing Hammer of Light-scripture/mythology which can exist with openly acknowledging any kind "Chariot of Gods"-buisness.

I also prefer to associate with the victorious Royal Naval Fleets over some Spaniards Armada ;)

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:52:51 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================