Author Topic: BP3 speculation and Tev missions  (Read 8203 times)

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
Re: BP3 speculation and Tev missions
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:45:02 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Split from War in Heaven work-in-progress screenshots (BP3 speculation)
Anyways, the UEF having warheads launching like they are Tornadoes is the idea that Inferno came up with in its Earth Alliance when it had Gagana bombers launching Hell Storm missiles. So BP did copy Inferno in this scenerio, or at least made it very similar to it with this idea but might have changed the name of the warheads and their specs.

That's not what this says.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:45:22 pm by High Max »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Anyways, the UEF having warheads launching like they are Tornadoes is the idea that Inferno came up with in its Earth Alliance when it had Gagana bombers launching Hell Storm missiles. So BP did copy Inferno in this scenerio, or at least made it very similar to it with this idea but might have changed the name of the warheads and their specs.

The Warhammer torpedo was originally modeled by Steve-O, actually. Nothing to do with Inferno.

Inferno did not create, trademark, or otherwise originate the idea of the swarm weapon. The first swarm weapon was the Hornet in FreeSpace 1.

Even The E said we have a lot to thank Inferno for when making BP. Perhaps some models were borrowed from there.

You really aren't paying much attention.

I do want some sort of resolution with the Shivans in BP3 that draws upon the BP's team's ingeniuty and epicness reserves. I don't think it has to be, "GTVA/UEF and Vishnans defeat the Shivans, the end," because that goes against the horror that the Shivans have represented in the last two games.

I would like an opportunity to kick the Shivans where it hurts. Losing the Lucifer, a few fleets and a few Santhanas' Juggernauts only managed to slow them down. I'd like for at least a few epic, "hold the line" style missions that were hinted at in FS2, but couldn't be accomplished due to technical reasons at the time. An opportunity to prove humanity's strength and resolve, and that we will not go gently into the night.

I have every faith that Darius and crew will do just that.

And, if at all possible, with some music to this effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdr_MDlTQs  :P

The only music possible for such epic showdowns would be a Darius remix of One Winged Angel.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Heh, that wouldn't be bad. Still, the lyrics don't really fit the Shivans I think. Full rage? More like full of apathy towards the new upstarts they have to crush like bugs.

You can see some hints about the Shivans hidden in AoA.

I suppose if you were really bold you could try to translate some of them into ideas about how we'll be keeping the Shivans scary.
If the BP3 character is a "sensitive" I bet any money there will be Transcend-type moments.

Aw frick yeah. The best parts of Transcend was the looming sense you were up against something you had no real way of comprehending, let alone fight.

With the Shivans, bigger certainly isn't always better. I think a subplot involving human experimentations and people's reaction to it would be just as good. Before, the Shivans were simple exterminators. Now, we've drawn their attention, and that is NOT a good thing.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:46:00 pm by High Max »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If we do encounter extremely large Shivans targets, then I guess it only makes sense if they are installations or stationary objects. I hope we encounter something of that nature in BP 3. If we are lucky, maybe a trip to Shivan space. I like campaigns that do that and it seems like not many do that.

I sincerely doubt it.  Shivan installations would be one hell of a plot contrivance.

Anyway, BP3 will be what Darius wants it to be, not necessarily what we want it to be.  I'd be willing to bet he already knows what he's going to do (vaguely) for it, so our whining about what we want to see matters very little, especially if it's for a rather arbitrary request.

Yeah, but this thread is titled BP 3 speculation, so that's really all we got at this point.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Man, BP 3 daydreaming already? :D  Personally, I'm hoping that the Vasudans come back big time.  I think they were the part of FS I missed the most in AoA, and everything revealed so far about WiH has indicated that it will be a monkey-on-monkey affair, so it looks like it's Zod or bust for the final installment.  Fortunately, Vasudan involvement has been heavily hinted at in the prose, so I'm pretty pumped for that, but what will the Vasudan element of the military look like? 

Well as long as we're speculating, perhaps the Vasudans might have abandoned the destroyer as the focal point of their fleets in favor of a comparatively lightly-armed but highly mobile carrier force.  While their Terran counterparts continue to prepare for the last war by building high-tech/high-performance ships like the Raynor that are capable of dropping a Sathanas under ideal circumstances, the Vasudans might elect to maximize their strength and minimize their vulnerability by getting as many fighters and bombers (proven highly successful in both wars) in space as possible, adopting a strategy of defanging the Shivans in order to prevent a catastrophic loss rather than trying to flat out win against an obviously superior foe.  Perhaps it will prove to be less effective against a different opponent, though? ;7  Anyway, exciting stuff.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I would mention that [V] has said that FS3 wouldhave had "Planet sized ships" implying that for the Shivans bigger, while perhaps not better, seems inevitable...

They did? I wonder if they meant ships the size of the original Gargant, though.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Actually, that's a good point. We haven't seen much of the Vasudans have we?

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:46:28 pm by High Max »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Actually, that's a good point. We haven't seen much of the Vasudans have we?

I believe the prose for BP contain the reason for this.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:46:38 pm by High Max »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That too. :nod:
My blog

MP-Ryan