Author Topic: UEF vs SD Lucifer  (Read 13158 times)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
To answer the beam question:
Canon and physics are bull**** in this department, because beams are coded to pierce shields, and in the world of FreeSpace, physics is set by the code :P

to answer the ortiginal question:
My theory is that if the force of your arms isn't enoug, use a hammer. The shield has to be powered by something, and if you keep blasting it long enough or use a really big gun/bomb, then either the capacitor storing the energy will drain or the reactor recharging the shield won't be able to recharge it fast enough. Jumping an Orion or two stuffed with meson bombs very near the Lucifer and detonating might as well do the trick. It only depends n the hit points of the shield. Unfortunately we don't know that as retail uses invulnerable flag.
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

My theory is that if the force of your arms isn't enoug, use a hammer. The shield has to be powered by something, and if you keep blasting it long enough or use a really big gun/bomb, then either the capacitor storing the energy will drain or the reactor recharging the shield won't be able to recharge it fast enough. Jumping an Orion or two stuffed with meson bombs very near the Lucifer and detonating might as well do the trick. It only depends n the hit points of the shield. Unfortunately we don't know that as retail uses invulnerable flag.
Well in AoA we were able to pierce the Lucifer's shield with the Vishnan megabombs to destroy the reactor's outside of subspace, so it seems that even a non-meson explosion would have enough strength to overcome it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I wouldn't use what Vishnan tech can do to be any indication of anything that Terrans/Vasudans can do. At all.
Do you even know if a Vishnan Megabomb is a meson weapon? Nope. Do you even know if it operates with the same physics as terran-designed weapons? Nope...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
IIRC the megabomb is actually something of a kinetic weapon.  :nervous:

edit: whoops no that was the ultrabomb buttatatuata you am moron

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
My guess is that the best solution to whack the Lucifer would be getting a wing of kamikadze bombers through the fighter umbrella into the fighterbay and detonate inside, something similar like the Daedalus in SGA did to the wraith hive with beaming a nuke, the general strategy being ships not built for torpedos exploding inside the armor plating. Only a small amount should be required to blow it up like that and it should be fairly effective. I doubt the shivan born-with plasma weapon is efficient enough to take down six boanerges in any quantity and using fighters inside the bay has a high risk of secondary explosions.

For the UEF, same thing might work if they had their torpedoes made lil bit faster (smaller warhead and more fuel prehaps?) and aimed for the bay. Unlike hattie's, it's pretty straight so it can get through without packing harpoon like maneuverability and guidance system.

FIRE THE LEAP CANNON!

I still don't like the whole beam-dicking Lucifer thing :<
She's completely unique in canon, whose to say they didn't HAVE another one?

Also, links/citations please, and frankly unless they're from Adam Fletcher I'd still take them with a massive pinch of salt.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

My guess is that the best solution to whack the Lucifer would be getting a wing of kamikadze bombers through the fighter umbrella into the fighterbay and detonate inside, something similar like the Daedalus in SGA did to the wraith hive with beaming a nuke, the general strategy being ships not built for torpedos exploding inside the armor plating. Only a small amount should be required to blow it up like that and it should be fairly effective. I doubt the shivan born-with plasma weapon is efficient enough to take down six boanerges in any quantity and using fighters inside the bay has a high risk of secondary explosions.

For the UEF, same thing might work if they had their torpedoes made lil bit faster (smaller warhead and more fuel prehaps?) and aimed for the bay. Unlike hattie's, it's pretty straight so it can get through without packing harpoon like maneuverability and guidance system.
Somehow, I don't think they'll make it that far.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Well, in BP canon, the only things we've seen hurt the Luci are beams and Vishans. Unless the UEF attacks in subspace, they're not going to get very far. Maybe those Sabot rounds will get through though, but somehow I doubt it.

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Somehow, I don't think they'll make it that far.

They might on Easy O:-) After all, the fighter compliment is the only defense Lucy got. Those lasers can't hurt a fly, and UEF bombers seem even tougher to me than allied ones, not to mention more agile and faster. Just try and defend two fighterbays with reasonable amount of fighters that can be launched fast after a surprise attack  consisting of 12 of these covered with superiority and interceptors, i dare you :P Not to mention that shivans seem to underestimate the terrans in deploying such tactics. IMHO they won't know what hit them.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I don't even know if the whole UEF has 12 Varas in it. The number of Durgas is already supposed to be "extraordinarily small".
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Unfortunately, the inside of the Lucifer's fighter bay is shielded as well :P
They also have a forcefield to prevent unwanted stuff from flying in.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:15:54 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
UEF should have a bit more than 12 Vajradharas (though I don't know, they didn't even showed up yet in material I know, aside from test missions).
There won't be many of them though, perhaps one squadron per fleet. That would make the numbers of these beasts about 50-70, but as I said, if there's any official data about their numbers, I don't know it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Also, links/citations please, and frankly unless they're from Adam Fletcher I'd still take them with a massive pinch of salt.

You want a citation, you have to wait until tomorrow or go find the thread in GenFS that last discussed Lucy shields yourself. I'm at work.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
UEF should have a bit more than 12 Vajradharas (though I don't know, they didn't even showed up yet in material I know, aside from test missions).
There won't be many of them though, perhaps one squadron per fleet. That would make the numbers of these beasts about 50-70, but as I said, if there's any official data about their numbers, I don't know it.

I think the number is really low, they're supposed to be a step up from Durgas, and all we know about Durgas is that their numbers are very low as well, despite being the "main" bomber of the fleet. (Possibly Durgas/Vajradharas were glossed over in favour of the Uriel gunship and the Izra'il, which can perform as bombers on par with most GTVA ones)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Durgas and Vajradharas have firepower in excess of what is generally considered excessive.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's only a few bomber squadrons per fleet.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline -Sara-

Or meet it in subspace with a Deimos and crash into it heads on in the node. There's probably a hundred ways to kill the Lucifer. It should get an own thread sometimes with creative ways of destroying that ship. :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Or meet it in subspace with a Deimos and crash into it heads on in the node. There's probably a hundred ways to kill the Lucifer. It should get an own thread sometimes with creative ways of destroying that ship. :P

I sacrifice the entire zod population to the Blood God, then use his favour to destroy the lucifer... or corrupt it's machine spirit with my new found Daemon powers.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

You do realize the Lucifer is far bloodier than the entire Zod race?  If anyone has Khorne's favor it is the Shivans.  Their ships are even striped red in his honor.  You're better off getting the Zods to worship Slaanesh so they collapse Terran-Vasudan space in on itself in a psychic orgy of self-destruction, creating a new Eye of Terror and causing massive subspace shockwaves which destroy everything they touch, including the Lucifer.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
You do realize the Lucifer is far bloodier than the entire Zod race?  If anyone has Khorne's favor it is the Shivans.  Their ships are even striped red in his honor.  You're better off getting the Zods to worship Slaanesh so they collapse Terran-Vasudan space in on itself in a psychic orgy of self-destruction, creating a new Eye of Terror and causing massive subspace shockwaves which destroy everything they touch, including the Lucifer.

This plan... I like it.

Edit:

Although, the thought of Slaaneshi worshipping Zods is bringing uncomfortable fan art images of Zods that are floating around to my mind.

Mind-bleach, get.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Flak

If the Vishnan Megabomb can hurt the Lucifer, it can probably be hurt by some other FS2 era warship weapons. Probably unloading a swarm of Apocalypse can still do the same.