Author Topic: Any recommendations?  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Where would i be able to aquire this conversion of the FS1 variety?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Derelict had a better storyline than the main FS2 campaign.

Yes, it was buggy, but it had the best balance of an user-made campaign I've seen.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/port/

Great FRolicking LLamas!!!

SPOLIERS

I agree derelict was good but a few things seemed un real. Like how the GTVA couldn't find ships in there own systems, where in FS2 they knew where everything was. And the whole Morgan Tech thing about them running around with a beam inhibiting Orion and the GTVA not being able to do anything. All in all thoug h, i thought it was great hehe i thought the Bad Dream mission was tiight.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
argh, got the link wrong; here's the right one: http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/fsport/

Derelict's story was one of its weaker points in my opinion, though not as bad as the missions. (lots of implausible events and not enough detail)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
While you guys go knocking Derelicts story, there are PLENTY of other campaigns who didn't even try and make a story and basically involves shooting lots of bad guys.

Give Agatheron and Kellan credit for what they did and understand what they didn't.  Sorry, I worked pretty closely testing stuff for them and they spent alot of time on it.

- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
:D Sweet :D

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
I wasn't really trying to dis the story, i  thought it was great, just a few lil holes i found, but it was really a great campaign and i think they did a good job

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Give Agatheron and Kellan credit for what they did and understand what they didn't. Sorry, I worked pretty closely testing stuff for them and they spent alot of time on it.

I certainly applaud their efforts, and they deserve credit for their work, but everyone spends a lot of time with their campaigns, and they all come out to be of different quality. Derelict is actually one of the better campaigns I have seen, but nowhere near as good as the main FS2 one in my opinion, which itself could have used a few minor adjustments. (lol I tend to be one of those nitpickers here; every campaign needs to be absolutely perfect :p :D) I could think of a lot of improvements as far as the story is concerned in it. (if you could just wait for a month I will show you the kind of story I like; for now go here :D :D)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2002, 10:12:04 pm by 296 »

Offline TheCelestialOne

• Man of Exceptional Taste
Originally posted by CP5670

Derelict is actually one of the better campaigns I have seen, but nowhere near as good as the main FS2 one in my opinion...

I still like the FS1 campaign more. (The story that is. Not the graphics  :D :doh: )
"I also like to stomp my enemies, incite rebellions, start the occasional war, and spend lazy hours preening my battle aura."

~Supporter of the The Babylon Project~

Like Babylon 5? Like Star Trek? Like science fiction? Go HERE

Offline Nuclear1

Loved Derelict. Both the FS2 Campaign and Derelict gave you a couple of good characters (FS2-Snipes, Petrarch. Derelict-Duct tape boy Mackey :D) "Basically, its being held together with duct tape." "I've got a wad of duct tape here and I'd love to shove it up your "

I liked Derelict more just because it was unpredictable. Plus, that Shivan fleet was just huge ! The new ships were kinda interesting. (like the Iceni-reskin and Artemis-reskin).
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
what do you mean that fleet was huge?  it was tiny

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
He means in the level with the portable knossos. If i remember correctly, that was the only campaing mission with that many ships

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by Knight Templar
He means in the level with the portable knossos. If i remember correctly, that was the only campaing mission with that many ships
that wasnt even a full fleet, a full fleet has 4+ destroyers with 12 or more corvettes and atleast 24 cruisers...it was a good sized taskforce though

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
I never said a fleet, just we've never seen more shivans in the same campaign levels at the same time

Too Long, Didn't Read

I really enjoyed Derelict and its story.  What it needed were voices...and the first few missions had them if you dled the single missions that they released.
Unfortunately, I cant seem to download Warzone from any of the links at the site.  3Ddownloads gives me some weird error, and I get 404s on the other links.  Anyone else got this problem?

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by LtNarol
that wasnt even a full fleet, a full fleet has 4+ destroyers with 12 or more corvettes and atleast 24 cruisers...it was a good sized taskforce though

.....and it had at least 3 destroyers, 14 corvettes, and 25 cruisers. :rolleyes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by nuclear1

.....and it had at least 3 destroyers, 14 corvettes, and 25 cruisers. :rolleyes:
there were 3 destroyers, one of each class; 3 corvettes...or was it 4, and about 15 cruisers.  Thats closer to half a fleet than it is to a fleet.

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Originally posted by Corsair
I can email it to you but what you get will not be the completely bugfixed and spelling edited version. It plays well though. Just give me a yell if you want it.

Yes, please. :D

[//me too lazy to use email :devilidea]

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Re: SPOILERS
there were 3 destroyers, one of each class; 3 corvettes...or was it 4, and about 15 cruisers.  Thats closer to half a fleet than it is to a fleet.

Actually, based on what I have seen in the FS2 campaign, that is both larger and smaller than a normal fleet in different ways.