Author Topic: [RELEASE] Lost  (Read 23604 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Just so's y'all know, I haven't forgotten about Lost.

No sir. I'd like to tell more brief stories.

Stuff is happening, just extremely slowly.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

I've got updates ready for Lost, I'm just thinking about adding
Spoiler:
a cutscene
that would take me a fair bit of work.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Hmm...

Good stuff coming guys, just a little longer!

seems like the GTI has discovered something big, like:-

Spoiler:
The Brahmans or the ancients, something like a cryogenic sleep..

and probably they were there like the Sanctuary, hiding from the Shivans or the Great Darkness.

the Key? i think they are in another universe (GTI and the entities), and they locked themselves away to keep away from the shivans. and GTI is the Key

Maybe the GTI=Fedayeen. and by saying GTI, i am suspecting that this happens between 2335 to the fall of project Hades.

maybe rogue Faction? and they feature the Angel Scout fighter (i Think) so this may even date before the shivans and puts the time in the Terran Vasudan war. or even before that.

this is just my overall thoughts...
Requiescat in pace

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Hey Rogue Assassin, thanks for your thoughts! It feels great to know that people like my work. You might want to give it a replay when Lost 2.0 comes out very, very soon! There's a few more things added that might make the story more interesting. Or more unclear. You decide. ;)

Spoiler:
Your comments are very insightful, nice theorizing!

GTI did indeed wake something up, but what?

Something was locked away... or did it lock itself away? For protection, or some other purpose?

Also you should know that Lost is in my own mythos, it has nothing to do with Blue Planet. So there's no Brahmans, Great Darkness, that kind of stuff. :)

I'll also say that I believe the truth is simpler than you might think...  ;) And some elements of the plot are designed to confuse... and misdirect.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

It's here!

It's been more than a year since I first released Lost. Now almost a year's worth of changes have been packed into:

Get it here!

It's not an earth-shattering, massively plot-altering update, but there is some cool stuff in here that I think enhances the immersion and atmosphere.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
-Added pressed button animations

-Added Fiction

-Cleared Intelligence from Intel Database

-Added super cool interface art from Spoon

-Added intro cutscene at the beginning of first mission

-Fixed player's ability to jump out at node, now player's jump drive is disabled again if the player leaves the node

-Increased radius of area where jump is allowed, now radius is 575, used to be 550

-Added Apotheosis arrival cue

-Altered secret and cargo canisters in m2

Have fun! Please give feedback and report bugs and stuff, what you have to say helps me improve my modding!

A newsletter mention would be real nice. ;)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:42:58 pm by PVD_Hope »

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Oh, and could somebody help me by uploading this to FSMods or FreespaceFiles or whatever it is that we're using now? I'd like to have this archived somewhere besides my personal Dropbox. Thanks!

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I can upload it to Knossos if you want.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Is the story still as brief as it was described before? I'd like to play it, but I'm a bit busy elsewhere.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

I can upload it to Knossos if you want.

Thanks much! I'd appreciate that a lot.  :)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Is the story still as brief as it was described before? I'd like to play it, but I'm a bit busy elsewhere.

Oh yeah.  :nod: I'd have updated the front page if the length changed. Just added fluff and atmosphere. It's still real short.

Spoiler:
Unless you spend lots of time deciphering the fiction viewer entries...   :D

Offline HLD_Prophecy

download link is down for a moment while I fix the zip file. I accidentally uploaded the vp with some leftover development files still in there. I'm cleaning it up to cut down on memory.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Link should be working again.

Are we using FreespaceFiles or FSMods for file hosting these days? Could someone help me archive Lost there?

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
FSMods currently isn't available (it's in the process of being resurrected).
FSFiles has a short help text at the top (just use the provided username & password on the login form at the bottom of the page, go to the folder where you want to upload and click the upload icon on the right side below the help text).

I think most of the mods have been uploaded to the SCP Campaigns folder.

Hey Rogue Assassin, thanks for your thoughts! It feels great to know that people like my work. You might want to give it a replay when Lost 2.0 comes out very, very soon! There's a few more things added that might make the story more interesting. Or more unclear. You decide. ;)

Spoiler:
Your comments are very insightful, nice theorizing!

GTI did indeed wake something up, but what?

Something was locked away... or did it lock itself away? For protection, or some other purpose?

Also you should know that Lost is in my own mythos, it has nothing to do with Blue Planet. So there's no Brahmans, Great Darkness, that kind of stuff. :)

I'll also say that I believe the truth is simpler than you might think...  ;) And some elements of the plot are designed to confuse... and misdirect.

Another master mind! this screws with my head... plus the campaign has a lot of potential... i shall check out the campaign 2.0 and let you know!
Requiescat in pace

Offline HLD_Prophecy

Another master mind! this screws with my head... plus the campaign has a lot of potential... i shall check out the campaign 2.0 and let you know!

Whoa, I'm no mastermind...  :p if you want a mastermind see Ransom Arceihn's stuff. Lost is a pale shadow of Sync and Transcend.

Although I have to say that if Lost did manage to mess with your head, it was a success. :)

Please do let me know your thoughts if you have a mind to, I need/want all the feedback I can get.  :nod:

Offline HLD_Prophecy

I got it uploaded to FreespaceFiles, thanks ngld!

Whoa, I'm no mastermind...  :p if you want a mastermind see Ransom Arceihn's stuff. Lost is a pale shadow of Sync and Transcend.

Although I have to say that if Lost did manage to mess with your head, it was a success. :)

Please do let me know your thoughts if you have a mind to, I need/want all the feedback I can get.  :nod:

Gotcha. So there is a reference to Sync and Transcend.. Basically, this may have happened.

Spoiler:
There are ancients who are locked up.
GTI wants to communicate. Makes a volunteer ready to extract data and info.

Volunteer goes mad. Transcend begins..

Then GTI created sync as a cover up..

Or something similar. As both missions will meet... And probably be related.

Idk... I'm just throwing wild guesses.

Requiescat in pace

Offline HLD_Prophecy

To RogueAssassin:

Spoiler:
Good ideas, but you should know that Lost is not intended to be in the same universe as Sync and Transcend, that's not what I meant. they're just stylistically inspired by Sync and Transcend.  :)

The Ancients are locked up, GTI did wake something up, and there will be a cover-up involved.

If you want to know a secret, my next minimod, Knowledge, will continue the plot in a small way. How it does continue the plot will be for you to discover.  :nod:

Thanks for showing interest in my work, I really am glad to know that people like it.  :yes:

To RogueAssassin:

Spoiler:
Good ideas, but you should know that Lost is not intended to be in the same universe as Sync and Transcend, that's not what I meant. they're just stylistically inspired by Sync and Transcend.  :)

The Ancients are locked up, GTI did wake something up, and there will be a cover-up involved.

If you want to know a secret, my next minimod, Knowledge, will continue the plot in a small way. How it does continue the plot will be for you to discover.  :nod:

Thanks for showing interest in my work, I really am glad to know that people like it.  :yes:

Anytime man...

maybe... in another perspective:

Spoiler:
why were the Ancients locked up?
probably they wanted to isolate themselves from the shivans. But shivans can travel through all kinds of nodes... and hence a massive Exodus took place. eliminated the Ancients who stood their ground, made a last stand. remaining ships dispersed and were hiding... but the key? i guess the key is the mind... uniting the whole species as a collective minded society... or something like that?? IDK man... im trying to explore from all angles...

why did GTI need to poke their nose?
thats the big Question....

Thanks for making the user's brain work for a while.. xD

Epic concepts tho. Waiting for more campaigns like these. :)
Requiescat in pace