Author Topic: Editing Carver V campaign?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Wilmet

Editing Carver V campaign?
Hi all, this is only my second post here as I mostly lurk but I really like the mod for giving a second life to one of my favourite games. With the @$$ kissing out of the way, I have a question about editing the Carver V missions in this mod. I like how they are but would be really keen to add in some new stuff and switch some mechs for variety, but i am completly stomped at what to do to actually make the changes. I more or less know how to use the mission editor, but I can't seem to find the file (or files) related to the carver V stuff unlike the mission files for the other campaigns like exodus and so on. Are the files in some different folder I haven(t found? Do I need some special program to access and edit them?

Thanks for any reply, and good luck to the team with continuing this great mod  ;)
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Offline Karl

Re: Editing Carver V campaign?
What you need to do is download a copy of the source code from microsoft. Like MC2, MCO keeps the Carver V missions in missions.fst for tidiness sake but if you get the source code the mission.fst file is extracted and all you have to do is copy the Carver V missions from the source code into your MCO missions folder, MCO will look there and load those missions in preference to the missions in missions.fst

Offline Wilmet

What you need to do is download a copy of the source code from microsoft. Like MC2, MCO keeps the Carver V missions in missions.fst for tidiness sake but if you get the source code the mission.fst file is extracted and all you have to do is copy the Carver V missions from the source code into your MCO missions folder, MCO will look there and load those missions in preference to the missions in missions.fst

I'm downloading that now and will see what I can do, thanks for the help  :D
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Offline Karl

Keep us posted, i am not sure if vanilla MC2 missions have any compatibility issues with MCO, regardless at least you will have access to the mission.fit files, these files have the data for what mechs are in the mission and either manually editing these .fit files or using the mechswapper tool you can easily change the mechs present in missions.

Good luck

Offline Wilmet

Yep, I've managed to edit a few things in the first mission as a test and it worked.
I'm basicly trying to give the factions in the campaign a more "canonical" assortment of mechs and vehicles, cuz I'm a bit nutso in that regard  :p