Author Topic: 3.6.18 Multiplayer Setup, Schedule, and other Info V0.9 CURRENT AS OF Aug 19TH  (Read 143982 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: 3.6.12 Multiplayer Setup, Schedule, and other Info V0.9 CURRENT AS OF Aug 19TH
I have several but many have completely different firmwares, whether they're Linux based, VxWorks, etc.  Mine are a bit older.  Maybe post a screenshot of your particular port forwarding screen?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Re: 3.6.12 Multiplayer Setup, Schedule, and other Info V0.9 CURRENT AS OF Aug 19TH
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
So you filled out the sixth and seventh rows something like:

Freespace (1) | 7117 | 7117 | Both | 192.168.1.<your computer's IP> | X
Freespace (2) | 7808 | 7808 | Both | 192.168.1.<your computer's IP> | X

Then hit Save Settings, and it didn't change anything?

Dunno if it would help, but there is an updated firmware it seems, 2.0.03.  I wouldn't do that unless you're desperate though, don't want to brick your router.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Oh hey that worked. See, I didn't know what exactly to enter in those fields. Thanks dude! Pretty sure I can host now.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Hello. I got Freespace 2 some months ago and got the whole shabang (FSO installer, wxlauncher and even compiled my own fs2_open build since I use Linux Mint Debian). So I can't wait to play some matches online.

I have some question though.

1. I have the multiplayer voice pack and validated missions in a mod folder called "multimissions". Do I put the content of the official Volition patch into that folder?
2. (linux build related): how can I make my online account data persisent in the game? I have to enter my name and pw everytime I wanna join the servers.
3. Do I get stats, also when I play with the media vps enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Multi missions and voice pack are the exception to the "don't put GPS in the root folder" rule.  Those and the volition patch should all be in your Freespace 2 folder.

Please file a mantis bug for the pxo account info issue, I saw it happening on OSX but thought it was just me until now.

How do I file a Mantis bug and what does the format look like?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Head to the Mantis page here; you'll have to register an account, which should be (theoretically) simple enough.  Once you're set there, you'll be able to file a bug report, which has a bunch of different information categories you can fill in.  Just give as much detail as you're able; you shouldn't need a whole lot to start off for this one, since it's a basic "this info isn't saving" issue.

Will do. Thanks Mongoose. :-)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, I've commented on #2750.  After a little more testing on my end, I realized it's wxLauncher eating the info saved to the fs2_open.ini file, not FS2_Open itself.  So we'll be closing the Mantis bug and opening a bug on wxL's bug tracker.  Thanks for reporting it though, I needed to be sure my OS X problem was the same as what you were describing, and I didn't have time to follow up on the problem until today anyway :)

@Chief: Yes. I've read your reply and tested your workaround on my end and it worked. So it really is a wxlauncher bug.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Siechtum, I posted in the Mantis ticket about a patch I made that's in the wxLauncher bug report about this bug. Could you test the patch?

You'll need to check out wxLauncher from trunk if you haven't already. The readme has the instructions on how to do it. The LMDE/Debian repos probably have a Mercurial client you can use.

You can then apply the patch by moving it to your wxLauncher folder and running this command:

Code: [Select]
hg patch --no-commit fix_fs2openini_updating.patch

Once you've tested it, could you post your results in the wxLauncher bug report if you have a Google account, or here if you don't have a Google account?

Thanks.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Solved the problems for me on OS X.

I downloaded the latest source for wxlauncher and compiled it again. The bug is gone for me. :-)

I wonder if any oldskool boys from squadwars are around, would be fun to fly few rounds again :)
Angels Squadron

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I hope there's a couple around, they'll be excited about my current side project maybe ;)

I wonder if any oldskool boys from squadwars are around, would be fun to fly few rounds again :)
Ello Star ;)
I'm still around, Gladi is probably the only other SW vet that flies, though BD has set his system up so he can fly too now I think... ;x
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Eames

Re: 3.6.18 Multiplayer Setup, Schedule, and other Info V0.9 CURRENT AS OF Aug 19TH
Hi, I'm new to FS2 and just got the game from GOG.

I want to play online and followed the instructions correctly I think, in PXO there is only 1 channel called Eleh. Does that sound like I've done everything right?

When are people online?

Thanks  :)

Re: 3.6.18 Multiplayer Setup, Schedule, and other Info V0.9 CURRENT AS OF Aug 19TH
If you got on to the lobby you're most of the way there, final check would probably be to make sure you're using both the right version of the EXE (either the most current nightly, or the most current stable release, realistically) and that you definitely have port 7808 open if you want to host or host on stand alones servers (meaning; joining a server with 0 players to 'start' a game).

Playing times are a tiny bit random, you may find games in the week, you may not. You will most probably find games on the EU evening-early morning time period, and most especially on fridays and saturdays.
I've been ridiculously busy with real life(tm) the last couple months so I haven't been around enough to even know the true answer to that question right now, but multi is at the quietest it's been since I returned to these forums (4 years?), hoping there will be new life at some point, you may be able to muster people up to play with via a forum thread or on #hard-light on irc. There are people out there who want to play at least semi-regularly, trust me.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

I'm still getting used to hard-light myself, and I'd be interested in multiplayer as well. IRL I'm working on my Computer Engineering degree so I'll be on and off during the week possibly. When Summer hits I'll try to get on all the time :)