Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 10210 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
The Victory was the last (and first) of the Star Destroyer series capable of entering a planetary atmosphere, let alone landing. (Vics can't land, but can hover for close-in bombardment missions.) If an ISD enters a planetary atmosphere on a world anything like what we'd think of as normal, the best it's going to do is burn up a bit (not much, shields will probably protect it most of the way down) and then do a good impression of crashing a sportscar into Ayer's Rock.

Actually, Venator-class Star Destroyer (AKA Republic Attack Cruiser or Imperial Attack Cruiser depending on timeframe) was capable of not only operating in an atmosphere, but also landing for loading troops and equipment. It was introduced about the same time as Victory I-class Star Destroyer. Even earlier, Acclamator I-class assault ships were able to do the same, although they weren't really part of the actual Star Destroyer line of developement, but they were the predecessor to star destroyers as we know them in the movie era. For example, it inspired the familiar wedge shape of the later "true" Star Destroyer series.

Venators are the ships that were loading clone troopers in the end if the Attack of the Clones, if I'm not much mistaken.

:p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Venators are the ships that were loading clone troopers in the end if the Attack of the Clones, if I'm not much mistaken.
If I may out-nerd you for a second, the ships in Attack of the Clones were actually Acclamator I's:

You're probably confusing the scene with a similar scene in Revenge of the Sith:

Those, my friend, are Venators. Which, incidentally, I always thought were called Venerators. :nervous:

Too much time playing EvilleJedi's Star Wars: Warlords mod for Homeworld2, methinks.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Arg! Out-nerded! :shaking: I'm glad that I left myself an opening with the "if I'm not much mistaken" phrase... Only a sith believes in absoluties.

:lol:

You're right, Venators weren't introduced until 20 BBY along with Victory-I's... Battle of Geonosis was in 22 BBY. Thanks for correction.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Mmm, it does seem odd considering it's set during Vaders time and he was supposed to be hugely powerful - more so even than Palpatine.

There's probably some back story to why this is all happening that I haven't read or whatever. There's a lot of books out there etc. and I imagine there's an answer somewhere.

I bet it has something to do with the title itself.. the "appreantice2 maby IS the Force unleashed in it's truest sense.

Still, I smell crap.

EDIT - that star destroyer wasn't chrashing of falling down. Looked like it was flying perfectly straight, even trying to correct course and pull away from the force pull...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Seems odd that I just mentioned in another thread how Feist got carried away with making his characters more and more powerful until it got silly, I'll agree, this seems to be suffering from the same problem.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
The thing that I dont get is that they must finish off the playe in the game or something since he clearly wasent alive during episode IV-VI or else he would be hunting luke.
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The same will happen to Vader's apprentice as happened to Jaden Korr - the protagonist of Jedi Academy. He will be featured once, do a lot of great things, and disappear.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline diceman111

since its clear that there are alot of Star-Wars fans here (I like star wars but not to the same degree it seems) you wouldent happend to have any good book suggestions for the star wars universe, where in the Sci-Fi bookstore in the city where I live but they had so much star-wars and star trek book i didnt know what to choose.

Any suggestions would be much apreciated.

P.S I have only seen the movies and played most of the star wars game for PC

/Dice

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Looks like a cool game. Would probably buy it.

The only star wars novels I've read were Timothy Zahn Heir to the Empire Trilogy, and they were very well done.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
X-Wing books FTW!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline diceman111

Ok just finished reading X-Wing Rogue squadron (was a bit short) and thought it was really good, will start X-Wing Wedges Gamble soon and then i will have to buy the next few book in the series

/Dice

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn is good, yes. (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command).

My favorite is still Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
My favorite is still Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno.
What's so good about it?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
The way it is written, and what it is about.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.

Further down the line, in the extended universe... enter Kyp Durron, who was even more powerful then Luke and thus also stronger than Anakin, which is a lot considering that Anakin was supposedly the prophesized midi-chlorian spawn that brought balance to the force.

Kyp durron wasn't more powerful, he was being aided by Exar Kun.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
luke really hides his power.  he is the absolute most powerful jedi in history, so the lure of the dark side for him is immense.  he realizes this in Specter of the Past/Vision of the Future.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
luke really hides his power.  he is the absolute most powerful jedi in history, so the lure of the dark side for him is immense.  he realizes this in Specter of the Past/Vision of the Future.

What about Jacen Solo?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
he never got a chance to be a jedi, accepted SW history ends just after the book Survivors Quest.

everything after that is the book version of prequel trash.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What about Jacen Solo?

Never seen anything that proves Jacen to be remarkably powerful; Anakin Solo perhaps, but not Jacen.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story