Author Topic: Enemy Territories: Quake Wars  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Enemy Territories: Quake Wars
Is coming out October 4th. Anyone other than me getting it?

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Re: Enemy Territories: Quake Wars
Me.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Probably. I rather liked the demo.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i just picked it. its ok up but it doesnt feel like quake. graphics are pretty cool though.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Where on earth do you guys live? It's been out in the UK for at least a week...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
well it just made out local shelves in the last couple days. that would explain why there were so many uk servers in the list. looks like you guys got first dibs on the release.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'd be happy about that.. trouble is my student housing here has a 512k ADSL connection that gets me a ping of around 250+ to most Battlefield 2142 servers. I really don't think it'll handle Quake Wars at all well! I'll have to pass on this one, as good as it looks, unfortunately :(

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I heard there is a singleplayer part...is it worth playing it or is the game only fun in MP? I play the demo online from time to time but I am quite bad at shooters so I am allways looking for a good singleplayer game.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
quake wars supposidly marketed a super effietient multiplayer system thats supposed to get better network performance. that and i havent seen all that much voice comms. its probibly more effietient than the battlefield series.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It's pretty damn good as long as your sister/roomate/ect isn't a youtube whore... like mine.

I'm waiting for the Linux release.

EDIT:
Although now that I think about it, it may just be time to increase the size of the old Windoze partition a little.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:38:32 pm by Mars »

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Just got my copy in the mail, haven't installed it yet though.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz