Author Topic: Battlefield Bad Company 2  (Read 12775 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2
That's what engineers are for?
Or shotguns *grumbles about shotguns..*
Snipers = space taken up in squad so you have less spawn points.
What happens when that helicopter is popping flares and can't be shot with rockets? YEAH BET YA DIDN'T THINK OF THAT also we all need to get in-game and make a HLP server or something.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Hades;
If using tracer dart and RPG/CG, you simply tracer it twice, once -> attempt to lock -> flare -> twice -> shoot with rocket.

Easypeasey.
If using the flybywire rocket, shoot and killz.
Also easypeasey!
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Kszyhu

I have used tracer darts only twice, but I don't think that they have range to hit a helicopter flying at some normal altitude, and FBW missiles seem to lose their maneuverability far too fast to actually hit any chopper (at least when I'm shooting... perhaps that's the problem).

Don't make me fraps it :P

I don't have 100% accuracy with it, but basically, if my friend Bluemoon/Mipross (who used to be a FS pilot too btw :D) are both using tracers, choppers die at pretty much any range :P
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I have used tracer darts only twice, but I don't think that they have range to hit a helicopter flying at some normal altitude, and FBW missiles seem to lose their maneuverability far too fast to actually hit any chopper (at least when I'm shooting... perhaps that's the problem).
To quote a popular meme: "You aren't doing it right" :)

If i get an annoying helicopter pilot/gunner duo going. I'll switch to Engineer and tracer dart them as often as possible. If someone doesn't lock on and kill them by the time I get out my Carl Gustav... they will be dead. Almost impossible to hide from that combination. Sometimes I just make an educated guess and hit without the tracer dart... but it helps big time!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Kszyhu

Well, yesterday I've destroyed Apache with tracer dart/RPG combo, so apparently I can do it right. :) Almost as fun as jumping out of destroyed Blackhawk, hitting and damaging mobile AA gun with Javelin while still airborne, hijacking now abandoned vehicle and killing it's crew with said vehicle.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Note to self:

Port Valdez Rush as the Attacking team gets extremely hard when the map bottlenecks around the oil refinery.  It's like baserape, but you aren't at a base.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
To quote a popular meme: "You aren't doing it right" :)

If i get an annoying helicopter pilot/gunner duo going. I'll switch to Engineer and tracer dart them as often as possible. If someone doesn't lock on and kill them by the time I get out my Carl Gustav... they will be dead. Almost impossible to hide from that combination. Sometimes I just make an educated guess and hit without the tracer dart... but it helps big time!
It's far better to land a UAV on their asses just as they takeoff or get repairs.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Tracer darts!??!
Just use the AT4!