Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 57384 times)

Also the stuff on the roof in that video - the pipes, tanks, cooling unit, big boxy things - were all present in Mirror's Edge as well. The stuff makes good cover, and good obstacles for jumping over.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
need new pants
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Also the stuff on the roof in that video - the pipes, tanks, cooling unit, big boxy things - were all present in Mirror's Edge as well. The stuff makes good cover, and good obstacles for jumping over.

Well you won't be parkouring it across the rooftops to drop kick the sniper from behind in 90 plus pounds of rifle, Molle, ammo, hydration and other gear.   :p
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Well you won't be parkouring it across the rooftops to drop kick the sniper from behind in 90 plus pounds of rifle, Molle, ammo, hydration and other gear.   :p

WATCH ME

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

WATCH ME

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

You know, I cant help but feel that standing under a cascade of falling Gatling gun shells is a terrible and painful idea.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Cool video, but haha! There is no SAW in the world that's that accurate! Anyway, t'is a BF game, all good.

Isn't the Minimi rather accurate if you put it on a bipod, or have some other way to reduce the recoil?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I've got no idea, mate. That thing is an absolute beast to operate, though. At least it looked it when I saw it a few years ago.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Hah well at least this time the player character doesn't get knocked down and unconcious when some random dude comes and gives a punch. He fights back and wins!

Ooh I so wanna get on that little bird!
Habeeb it...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Cool video, but haha! There is no SAW in the world that's that accurate! Anyway, t'is a BF game, all good.

SAW gunner buddy disagrees yo

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Seriously? Well, I've only seen an F89 operated from the hip (funnily enough, as an example as to A) why we weren't getting qualified on both F88T and F89 in one day and B) why some of the cadets on our course would need to prove themselves mature enough to even hold a beast like that. :P We never ended up being able to use her. :( ) But yeah, I'll concede to a section gunner of course.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Pretty sure it's an M240 anyway iirc

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh well, I can barely tell the difference. I've never been briefed on a 240.

M240 is a lot like the M249. The difference is that it has 7.62 as opposed to 5.56 bullets.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Ah yes. I thought for a second there that the F89 chambered in 7.62, then checked wiki and you were right. Jeez, it's been a while. :P But yeah, is there a way to differentiate between the two weapons visually fairly effectively?

Ah yes. I thought for a second there that the F89 chambered in 7.62, then checked wiki and you were right. Jeez, it's been a while. :P But yeah, is there a way to differentiate between the two weapons visually fairly effectively?

I don't recall, I just play games :P (I love machine gunning in Arma... Mabye I should do machine gunning in the army, but it's not really my thing... I doubt too much). A quick look at the weapons tells me that the MAG (M240, the 7.62 one) has a longer barrel and a slonger stock. But that is not a really effective way.
Best way would just to look at the ammo it contains i'd geuss. But then there's also the Mark 48, which is an M249 retrofitted with 7.62 bullets. AAAARGH

And blergh! All those different names! All those different variants of the same belgium machine gun! why does everyone do that continiously?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well I was only a cadet in my earlier teens...so we'll call it even. :P And aaaah, okay, that'd make sense if it was a higher calibre round. Could save someone's life if we had a Libya style revolution...in Australia, yeah right. :P

I know! Way to confuse the rest of us!

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Get That Wire Cut

ORGASMIC

EDIT: ****.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:09:08 pm by sigtau »
Who uses forum signatures anymore?