Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn  (Read 218787 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Ravagers have really potent missiles but they only have limited number of them. One way to defend those Zy fighters is for you to move in ahead and 'absorb' the majority of the missiles. Then focus down the hostile Zy fighters (They can output considerable more damage with their primaries then Ravagers do with their beams) and try to shoot down their missiles while you are at it.

I'm actually more suprised I haven't seen a truck load of complaints about the quick time events  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Ah ha! Thanks, turns out the Zy are the real threat. I fired a few token Dragon Slaves in the Ravagers' direction and then left them alone to focus on the Zy, and all the friendly ships made it though with 90+ hull integrity (and were promptly laser-blended by the Armageddons, but they'd launched their missiles by that point).
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline ReeNoiP

• I FRED
What light settings everybody use for the last mission? For me anything that wasn't red was pitch black until I got to the reactor room. Made it kinda hard to see where the tunnels were.
Uncharted Territory is released. But I still need voice actors

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm actually more suprised I haven't seen a truck load of complaints about the quick time events  :p

I figured you'd earned your brief silly "Press X not to die" at that point.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Yeah, pretty much.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Nuclear1

I'm in love.

Can I have Misuzu? Pleeeeeeeeease? :D

Also the campaign was really really good
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline -Norbert-

Thereis absolutely no reason to write that sentence so small! :P

What light settings everybody use for the last mission? For me anything that wasn't red was pitch black until I got to the reactor room. Made it kinda hard to see where the tunnels were.
I currently use Herra Tohtoris settings from the wiki. Whith them I could just shoot into the dark corners to light them up :)
Though pressing F12 helps even more  :P

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Finally got around to playing this. Great stuff, that battle scene at the beginning of pockets of resistance was downright cool, and the atmosphere mission was reasonably convincing. Love the musical selection, though there were a few "It's the Thron-e! Ali Al-Saachez!!!" and "Trans-Am!?" moments  ;)?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline -Norbert-

So I wasn't the only one who felt that way.
And it started right in the first mission.
Jamming -> Music change -> and I was thinking "Okay.... were are the GN-X?" :lol:

I want Trans-Am for my Ray III E!

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
I am enjoying WoD a lot. Despite the relatively simple models (some of which I like and others I'm so-so about) the mod reminds me that I need to have fun and WoD has a lot of heart. y
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, I think the thing I adored most about Wings of Dawn was its willingness to just be fun. It had so much integrity and character to it, and it never forgot it was about the player.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
hahah starting Misuzu. She has a lot of energy (when awake) and is totally awesome to be around, don't meet a lot of girls like that around these days. Just the thing for my addled brain at the end of the day, I think I'll mix a Bloody Mary and play some more.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
hahah starting Misuzu. She has a lot of energy (when awake) and is totally awesome to be around, don't meet a lot of girls like that around these days. Just the thing for my addled brain at the end of the day, I think I'll mix a Bloody Mary and play some more.

r u drunk

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
sodrunk. ist all the drunks is beautiful and i am not star

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's funny cause for me it's 9:30am.  Hopefully not for you.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
12:09am. You must be on the West Coast, I'm on the other side, you see.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Midwest actually, but DST.  So you're pretty close :)

Hope you find a hamnyurger.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm in love.

Can I have Misuzu? Pleeeeeeeeease? :D

"Yay, a fan!"

I am enjoying WoD a lot. Despite the relatively simple models (some of which I like and others I'm so-so about) the mod reminds me that I need to have fun and WoD has a lot of heart. y
Which models are giving you the 'meh' feeling?

So I wasn't the only one who felt that way.
And it started right in the first mission.
Jamming -> Music change -> and I was thinking "Okay.... were are the GN-X?" :lol:

I want Trans-Am for my Ray III E!
Finally got around to playing this. Great stuff, that battle scene at the beginning of pockets of resistance was downright cool, and the atmosphere mission was reasonably convincing. Love the musical selection, though there were a few "It's the Thron-e! Ali Al-Saachez!!!" and "Trans-Am!?" moments  ;)?
  :lol:
I had more gundam references planned but it was hard cramming all of that inside the missions.
but I'll let you in on a little secret. There is something very much akin to Trans-am planned for the future

Yeah, I think the thing I adored most about Wings of Dawn was its willingness to just be fun. It had so much integrity and character to it, and it never forgot it was about the player.
  :)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline -Norbert-

Did the Zy have any contact with the Anyuven... or however Infis constructors were called?
Because I noticed certain similarities in design between the Zy fighters and the Prometheus frame.

There would be the overall shape, but that is quite common among fighters, but there are also those red translucent parts that both designs share. In case of Infi those are the beam cannons, no idea what they are on ty ships though.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Did the Zy have any contact with the Anyuven... or however Infis constructors were called?
Because I noticed certain similarities in design between the Zy fighters and the Prometheus frame.

There would be the overall shape, but that is quite common among fighters, but there are also those red translucent parts that both designs share. In case of Infi those are the beam cannons, no idea what they are on ty ships though.
Urutorahappī!!