Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn  (Read 219668 times)

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn
The briefing music for the last few missions is from the Gundam Unicorn OVAs. There's also a track that I think is from Starship Operators.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Mikes

I downloaded this campaign a while ago and have to admit i put it away again after trying to first mission....  what a mistake! LOL

The 1st missions slow and ugly fighter(s) together with mix matched FS models (Explorer) and especially the quite dull mission vs. the poor Star fighters just put me off i guess.

But oh my... what came after.... from the atmospheric flight mission to huge battles and all with a well realized storyline.... wow.

Thanks for a really unique campaign Spoon!

I guess my one suggestion would be to retwork the first mission.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It could use some new models for Explorer and the node station.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah I gotta admit the first mission made me go 'oh no...'

But then it got so much better.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
It didn't help that the first mission was Spoon's first serious attempt at FREDing either.  :nervous:
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It didn't help that the first mission was Spoon's first serious attempt at FREDing either.  :nervous:

That's no excuse!
* General Battuta puffs out chest and struts about

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The first mission is intended to scare you!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Think of it as candy. You have to get through the envelope first.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I downloaded this campaign a while ago and have to admit i put it away again after trying to first mission....  what a mistake! LOL

The 1st missions slow and ugly fighter(s) together with mix matched FS models (Explorer) and especially the quite dull mission vs. the poor Star fighters just put me off i guess.

But oh my... what came after.... from the atmospheric flight mission to huge battles and all with a well realized storyline.... wow.

Thanks for a really unique campaign Spoon!

I guess my one suggestion would be to retwork the first mission.
Thanks! Glad you hear you enjoyed it!  :D

Yeah I gotta admit the first mission made me go 'oh no...'

But then it got so much better.
That's not what you told me on IRC when I asked  :p

That's no excuse!
* General Battuta puffs out chest and struts about
Difference being that I started at the very start of a campaign while you started with the climax of a campaign  :p
Not to mention that I had to redo DE like 20 times, much to my frustration, because it was nearly impossible to save the allied capships from the enemy beams. Even with invicibility cheats on!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Difference being that I started at the very start of a campaign while you started with the climax of a campaign  :p
Not to mention that I had to redo DE like 20 times, much to my frustration, because it was nearly impossible to save the allied capships from the enemy beams. Even with invicibility cheats on!

That's because of a feature that got implemented fairly late in development to prevent the mission from being self-playing and that didn't get enough iterative testing, not because of a design flaw drawn from inexperience. In fact it mostly provides evidence that I got worse as I went along.  :nervous:

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

First mission= scary?

Crap, I was totally irritated who was the protagonist?! These girl-pilot named Dawn?! No, this space-elf?! Seems not... but then I saw the face of Misuzu and her crazy style. Total crazy/irritating characters seemed to be intended as the protagonists....I mean, look at Ruffy from One Piece or Son Goku from Dragonball!

But yes, the speed was a bit of nothing but I played further and I was really scared when I found out that it plays hundred years after this incident and...whoaah, all these speedy-ships and crazy fast rockets and all those enemies.

Spoiler:
GAHAHAHA! ADVANCE! hits the point
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I've hit upon a strange error...

While playing the sequence of missions to save the Cordi queen I decided to restart the whole thing because I had about 1% hull left.
When I got to mainhall to continue the campaign the game just froze on me. I restarted the game but this time I couldn't even get to mainhall.
After that I tried the 3.6.12 release build (I was using antipodes previously) and the same thing happened.
After some experimenting it turned out to be something wrong with the pilot I was using... I made a new one and everything was again, albeit having to restart.

I good thing is though that WoD is still very fun on the second playthrough.

:yes:Awesome job! :yes:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Sorry to hear that, sounds like yet an other issue caused by Red Alert.

Good to hear you are still having fun regardless though  :)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Urp, has the Red-Alert issue been mantised' yet?
I mean, saying "don't use red alerts!" is kinda bad advice when retail uses it and its broken...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
The best campaing that I ever played ,after Wih of course , I really like it and thanks the great effort of this community , especially in the modders like you, thanks again spoon  ;) ;) ;)

P.D : Sorry about my english  :mad2:
Let's play Blue Planet

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The best campaing that I ever played ,after Wih of course

Not 'of course!'

Offline oohhboy

WiH might have better production values, but it doesn't have the bat**** insanity contained within Wings.

THe last missions, which were a little Battle of Endor-y was an sight to be hold with raw firepower the Dragon Slave(slayer?)s, cluster missiles, and pure energy filling the space.

Funny thing is after playing Wings and then playing WiH, it almost feels sedate in comparison. Now only if we could get some VA work done for Wings....

Offline -Norbert-

Then you should try to replay the vanilla campaign... ah the curse of high manouverbility fighters like the Ray III-E and Kentauri.... once you get used to them you feel like playing in slow motion if you fly a Herc, Erinyes or even Aurora  :P

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'm actually still more used to playing with slow ships even after 3 WoD playthroughs... Maybe I'm just slow. XD

Offline -Norbert-

Or maybe you took the W variant. If you don't fly high manouverbility fighters it's no wonder you don't get used to them.
Me.... I'm for the E all the way and fly it whenever I get the chance in WoD.