Author Topic: I'm Gettin' a Buzz  (Read 814 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Howdy All:

Its realy been quiet here the last few days, and no new builds in a week.  I guess back-to-school time is hitting everyone.  Anyway, I'm posting this here because I'm not sure what is at fault... FSO, my drivers, or my audio processor.  Let me explain.

About a month and a half ago, I did a major core hardware upgrade of my PC.  The motherboard I chose was the ASUS A7V600-X, which had an on-board audio controller, which apparently exceeded the specs of my previous SB-Live! Value 1st generation, so I used that for my audio device.  Now, whenever I play FSO during a particularily involved mission, with lots of ships and sounds, the standard game sounds will get replaced with a loud buzzing sound.  Its not continuous, since if I'm doing nothing and nowhere near a sound source, it'll be pretty quiet.  Now, I've tried this in both EAX and DirectSound modes from the launcher, both with and without the -snd_preload option, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I never encountered this before the upgrade.  I do on occasion have sounds not occuring, but I think that is related to the dissappearing textures bug, when the machine is running low on RAM (512MB-DDR-400).

AMD-XP2600+ (1.9 GHz.)
ASUS A7V600-X
512MB Corsair DDR-400
ASUS ATI R9600XT 128MB AGP set to 4X

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Sounds like a driver error to me. I used to get something very similar on the Audigy, still did it on EAX last time I checked. I'd suggest trying the drivers first. :)