Author Topic: Ok, seriously  (Read 986 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
My missions dont work!
A few missions I modified and tried yesterday were working just fine. But when I try loading them today with ANY build, it fails miserably. It loads properly, the breifing comes up (it's a red alert) but either as soon as I press 'commit' the thing loads up the first screen, the annoying looping engine sound (this has been plauging me since god-knows-when) and maybe a frame or two before CRASH!

I've tried running debug builds, but they dont work. I ran the mission through a debug build in FRED, and it showed no clear errors. If there WERE errors, then it wouldnt have loaded at all!

I really cant figure out what's causing this. I've tried removing all the flags and playing with just hte vanilla stuff, but i still get a crash! Nothing seems to work in this case! :/
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
did you change any tables?
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
nope. No changes, nothing.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
:wtf: That's strange...it sounds like a bad pointer error, but if you didn't do anything that doesn't give much to go by...could you send a representative mission to me to try running through the MSVC debugger?
-C

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
hmm...think i got it. It's the HTL Fenris. Whenever it appears on screen it crashes (as I just saw on the previous mission). Odd, i dont remember changing it in anyway since yesterday :/