Author Topic: Small beam-free-all request  (Read 915 times)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Small beam-free-all request
You know that checkbox in the mission specs window that beam-free-all's everything by default? Well, can there be an individual overrode for it in say the Misc window in the ships editor?

I ask, because i needed a specific ship to fire at specific targets at specific times, and other ships to have free beams, so i just hit the checkbox, and started using beam-fire events. Well, turned out the turret i was firing manually was also firing through the AI at various times, so it started getting screwed up.

I could have used a beam-lock-all, or turret-lock or turret-lock-all, but i think it'd be easier if there was a checkbox for each ship to override the master box... Doable?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Doable but not practical.  If we have a hierarchy of "beam-free-all" / "beam-lock-all" flags, things will get very messy very quickly.  Just lock the ships you don't want to fire.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Best bet is to lock the ships you want locked a couple seconds after the game starts, just to be on the safe side.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
That would have been my solution, but i decided to just unlock them all manually, since I needed some to be delayed and stuff...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW