Author Topic: Linker problems with HEAD revision of fs2_open  (Read 903 times)

Linker problems with HEAD revision of fs2_open
Hey,

I need some help getting the HEAD revision of fs2_open to build. When trying to build i got a linker error saying it couldnt find, libci.lib. To remedy this, i went into the project setting ins MSVC++ .Net and said ignore this lib. This got rid of that problem.

After that, i am now getting the 3 linker problem when i try to build the Freespace  2 project after building the code project:

Freespace2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl iff_init(void)" (?iff_init@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl game_init(void)" (?game_init@@YAXXZ)
Freespace2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct iff_info * Iff_info" (?Iff_info@@3PAUiff_info@@A)
Freespace2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int Num_iffs" (?Num_iffs@@3HA)

I can see the externs, declarations, and definitions for the two variables and function, but no matter what i cannot get the project to compile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

Sounds like what you would get if the iff_defs files weren't part of the project.

That's probably it, actually.  The files were added to the MSVC 6 project and the Linux makefile, but they probably weren't added to the MSVC.NET project. :)

God I'm an idiot. I always forget about that.

Thanks dude.