Author Topic: fs2_open_d problem  (Read 1432 times)

I'm trying to run fs2_open_d compiled on my own computer with all the appropriate media pack files but it keeps getting stuck during mission loads looking for "shockwave.pof". Now the released (3.6 or whatver) version works, so can anyone fathom why it can't find this file in debug?

Offline redmenace

Haven't seen you around these parts in a long time
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
It's just an error in the 3.6.7 MediaVP weapons.tbl.  I had the same problem earlier this morning.  The default shockwave name is "shockwave.pof" but it's not required.  If a 3-D shockwave model is specified in the tbls though then it's required.  That's the problem here, the tbls require it but the model isn't included.  As it's the default shockwave name though the tbls are requesting it in error since they should use the default or specify a new one.

Just edit weapons.tbl and remove all "$Shockwave Model:" lines.  That will fix it until the VPs get updated.

Originally posted by redmenace
Haven't seen you around these parts in a long time

I check in every now and again to see what's going on. I don't think I'll ever quite get Freespace out of my system.