Author Topic: set camera host does not use object's eye if available  (Read 930 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
set camera host does not use object's eye if available
Relevant Bug 1978

Hasn't been any action on this in Mantis, thought I'd post a request for some discussion on what I'm asking for here.  Anyone think it's a good or bad idea?  Would it break anything to change it, or can we get another function that does what I'm asking?  It would open up some more options for cinematic stuff.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: set camera host does not use object's eye if available
I wouldn't think you would need a new function maybe an optional true/false on the sexp to use the eye or not defaulting to not as it's the current behavior.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: set camera host does not use object's eye if available
this is actually a good idea, just make sure it applies to scripted cameras as well as fredded ones. right now i have to parse redundant data (offset and direction) which already exists in the model, to place a camera on an object like a turret barrel or other subsystem. from the script side something like gr.setCameraToEyepoint(ship, eyeidx/eyehandle), or use the eyepoint if i set camera.SelfSubsystem to a subsystem with an eyepoint defined.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:53:12 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN