Author Topic: "hacked media tables" don't yell at me pleese  (Read 24590 times)

Re: "hacked media tables" don't yell at me pleese
how was i messing with my router? i was just forwarding the ports like the walthrough said.

actually, i'm not gonna bother with this crap. if i can't play multiplayer then i see absolutly no reason why i should keep playing freespace 2. (and don't start throwing reasons why i should keep playing cause frankly i don't give a damn)
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Centrixo

well its upto you if you be like that, after all we are trying to help you.

see you around haloboy :blah:.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
how was i messing with my router? i was just forwarding the ports like the walthrough said.

actually, i'm not gonna bother with this crap. if i can't play multiplayer then i see absolutly no reason why i should keep playing freespace 2. (and don't start throwing reasons why i should keep playing cause frankly i don't give a damn)

You know, if this is how you treat the people who help you, and this is how easily you give up, then maybe you aren't cut out to play multiplayer in the first place.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Haloboy, make sure that you don't have the mediavps selected, as that will cause the hacked tables message.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

meh. i always sucked at multiplayer anyway

plus, lets face it. everybody here plays freespace because of the multiplayer. that or FREDing. and since i never liked FREDing, i'm just gonna have to wait untill SOME kind of answer shows up.

and for the last time, this is not about hacked media tables. its about being able to frikin connect.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:44:34 pm by haloboy100 »
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
and for the last time, this is not about hacked media tables. its about being able to frikin connect.

i got the almighty "Hacked media tables" message

get rid of the tom's engine build, put this into C:\Games\FreeSpace2\data\, and run without any mods selected.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

i already did that. i did every step in mathewpapa's FAQ
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The simple answer is that what you did in my network places didn't open a port in your router. If it were that easy to open a port in a router every hacker in the world would be doing it. What ever it is that you did do you need to remove it.

When you typed in 192.168.0.1 the username and password it asked for were the ones for your router. You need to find out what they are and get into your routers setup options in order to forward a port.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
meh. i always sucked at multiplayer anyway

plus, lets face it. everybody here plays freespace because of the multiplayer. that or FREDing. and since i never liked FREDing, i'm just gonna have to wait untill SOME kind of answer shows up.

Wow, what are you, 10? Not only that, but your "reasons for people playing Freespace" are totally wrong - multiplayer is almost nonexistant, everyone plays for the user-made campaigns (which is done via FREDing...you don't play Freespace 2 for it's mission creator...:wtf:)

Anyway, seriously, if you're going to be so rude to the people who are trying to help you, why should anyone continue trying?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:24:20 pm by Unknown Target »

i'm wondering the exact same thing. And the reason why i did the thing in my network places is because Xfire, limewire, and Halo did the exact same thing i did. so i see no reason why i shoulden't do it for freespace 2
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Centrixo

Freespace 2 is older then xfire limewire and halo altogether and internet connections were like there in the stone age compared to todays connection, after all freespace 2 is 7 years old and in computer game years is about.. 300 human years.

the reason why im here is to see if fs2 is still alive and play campaigns done by others such as jad and jad 2.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

the reason why I am here is because i wanted a place where i can actually hang out with people who play freespace 2. but i guess freespace 2 is just too boring to be worth anything. looks like it's back to EBay for this game.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline neoterran

and don't let the door hit you on the way out  :no:
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Let me get this straight. You've failed to set up Freespace 2 properly for multiplayer because you don't have a clue how to forward ports on your router and that's somehow FS2's fault for being boring?

Offline Centrixo

what? forwarding and boring in the same setence dont go together :lol:.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
the reason why I am here is because i wanted a place where i can actually hang out with people who play freespace 2. but i guess freespace 2 is just too boring to be worth anything. looks like it's back to EBay for this game.

Toodles. If it weren't for the fact that the mods have already warned me, I would say some harsher things about you, but I can't.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
"Tom's old engine" build should fix the problems. See www.freespacezone.com for the download... it's at the end of the page.

no, it's just a cheat that circumvents the security checks and should be banned
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline bycutza

Haloboy, make sure that you don't have the mediavps selected, as that will cause the hacked tables message.

confirmed :)

Offline MatthewPapa

• http://www.game-warden.com
If you cannot connect, chances are

A. Some firewall is blocking your outbound connection attempts
B. You don;t have the pxo config file in the right spot

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yep. Pretty much every connection error I've seen has been down to one of those two problems.