Author Topic: Some more models coming down the line...  (Read 79722 times)

Re: Some more models coming down the line...
This looks to me to be a Destroyer support ship such as a Heavy Cruiser. 4 to 6 of these supporting a GTD or GVD in a Battlegroup would look nicely.
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

The Hecate was my inspiration for those wings. I've already got another ship with them (in the previous page) and a few "ideas"

Also I'm totally redoing the Jrathek.  The cockpit bubble is wayyyy to big and fugly (hey it's an earlier model from me, thats my excuse  :P )
From the original:

to

and now prototyped:

That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
So what, if anything, does the change from curvy to angular mean?

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Both look awsome. :yes:
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I prefere the new versions but currently it looks like a mixup of different models. Vaktoth, Dralthi, etc.
Still a good start IMO.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Also the K'riska is getting a semi-major update.  The cockpit area is way too big.
Early WIP, hopefully I'll be able to recycle a majority of the uvmap.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:42:47 am by Scooby_Doo »

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Something new......

The Errant (from the WC movie)-based corvette:

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Four turret podests? That makes it more powerfull then the Caernaven ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

I have no idea what the Errant originally was.  I can reduce it to 3 top/3 bottom (4 lasers, 2 ???).

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
The ship in the WC movie is a small trader ship. Kinda like the Prowler. A small trade ship for Privateers. If I remember it correctly from the book it had one turret top and buttom and we see some kind of boardingtube at the side that can be extended.
Still it should be taken with a bit of salt as this version was most likely a covered ops version for Taggard as I don't think that a normal freighter/trader ship would have a boarding tube strong enough to cut through a military class ship as we have seen it in the movie.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Scoob, random question, which version of max do you use again? also do you use Pox exporter or something else because my old Max-pof exporters are failing...

Nice Drayman though :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Max 9, I use the last good Collada exporter.  I've got the Nov build but the Dll's are messed up, I've got latter alpha build dll's that aren't used in the earlier build in the folder.  It's kinda a mess.   
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54757.msg1217962.html#msg1217962

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I got a question about your models.
I like all of them ,but there's one thing that is wrong with Kilrathi fighters.
There is no Kilrathi there.
My question is: Can you model a Kilrathi pilot with approbate cockpit?
Because when i took a look inside canopy of one of your Kilrathi fighters i saw Terran pilot with cockpit only slightly differing from Terran fighters.
Of course in WC4 or WCP era we have alliance with Kilrathi and maybe in some of their fighters can be piloted by terrans ,but not all of them.
I would like to see furball in your next Jartekh and K'riska.
I think you can model both Terran and Kilrathi cockpit and put both versions to download.
Some time ago i had an campaign idea where you fly as Terran between Kilrathi (think main FS2 campaign where you go to officer exchange at some point) ,so you can fly in a fighter with Terran cockpit surrounded by normal Kilrathi fighters.

Also ,are you planning some Nephilim fighters and capships?
Only Nephilim-ish thing I found in you downloads was "Crab" with is too little for an invasion.
I think you can also extend Steltek ,their scout (or maybe fighter ,as i recall scout looked like an egg) looks decent and i think there can be use for it if we have Steltek carrier.

I've yet to find a Kilrathi model that could be used.  Hmmm I wonder if a Khajiit would work in it's place.  Also the current cockpit setup will only be visible to outsiders, I'm starting to implement, slowly, external cockpits, which use an entirely different setup.

I've got a bunch of sea-creature like ships, I just need to someday figure out a different texturing style.  70's psychedelic look just isn't right LOL

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK ,but i would like to see cockpit more Kilrathi-ish ,even if visible only from outside.
And you were right with Steltek scout ,egg shaped was drone.
I thought i have heard of Steltek fighter ,i wonder where?
I will try to reskin Terran pilot so he will not look like FS2 pilot ,i alway felt that he don't fits Wing Commander.
I may also try to make the same Terran pilot look like Kilrathi (incredibly slim and short ,but it will be better than Terran) ,and use photoshop to make cockpit look Kilrathi-ish (copypaste form images on CIC or at least give orange colouring).

I do have a steltek fighter, albiet needs new textures.

Also a bunch of sea stuff, it's been put in the "put aside" folder for the time being.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I want to play SPORE now.

I want to play SPORE now.

LOL now that you mentioned it, ya.
Most of those I'm going to re-tweak/smooth/chamfer

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Ooo, I remember these...

The texturing style on the second one looks best, IMO.

Another attempt, combination of clouds, grass, moss and lichen. LOL