Author Topic: RELEASE - Dark Children (TBP)  (Read 49576 times)

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Re: RELEASE - Dark Children (TBP)
the first one gets killed right away, the second one after a minute or two and Mind fires a few shots.
If you look at the episode it's based on, it's not very different there.

Ah so I remember that. If I recall well the Vorlon dreadnought fired the first shot right after jumping out and kill one battlecrab right? Maybe I did not pay attention to the dreadnought in the game when it jumped out.
Thank you so much for this great game, and also thank the TBP staff for the new game version.
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
 :yes: THX! :yes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

uploaded new version

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline noodle

It is fun up till the 4th mission. Ok, look Vidmaster, I like your campaigns but you seriously have some messed up ideas of what is and isn't easy. QA (beta testers) exist for a reason, this is the 3rd campaign of yours, after the two Fortune Hunters campaigns, that I have given up on part way through. And on very easy no less, even if it was just that I suck ass, after a dozen tries, if I can't beat something on the lowest level, something is probably wrong with the mission. Can you please release an "idiots" version or something? Please? There is a fine line between challenging and stupidly hard.

I really love this campaign. I am stuck on the 4th mission but i love the challenge. I really think you should do a full camapign complete with storyline at some point. Big fan of fortune hunters too. Both parts i'm stuck on too. But i know what to do on 2259 and i'll find a way on 2260. :D

Offline Vidmaster

the testers both beat it (right?) :mad2:.
okay, let's check your problem first: Do you get killed (1.) or do you loose because Mind dies (2.) ?

1. Solution: Make ample use of slowmo (REALLY) and shoot the Minbari down before they actually reach you. Only "Helpless" Wing attacks you and your shadow brothers, the rest focuses on Mind (since "Pitful" only shows up at High or Extreme). Ignore everything but "Helpless".

2. Solution: Only a few turrets on the Minbari ships actually fire. Take these out (easy with your Shadow Bolt). The second big threat is the base, disarm it quite early so it cannot fire on Mind.

If any of these really doesn't help, I'll do a "easier :ick:" version for you people.

For more complaints, please post here to avoid spoilers:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52253.0.html

But please tell me that you think the Hunters-Campaigns are also way to difficult...  :nervous:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
the testers both beat it (right?) :mad2:.

I beat it too. It took two or three attempts to beat the more difficult missions but I see that as a challenge and was very happy with it. I am sure the silent majority feel the same way.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Azhren

When I used a few times in a mission I got a message saying you are feeling tired, and on the 3rd\4th attempt I was told I was too exhausted to use it. How do I recover?

I *THINK* I know what it is, and would say it should be used, albeit it should affect the enemy, not you.

I think I see what maje is getting at. It should 'speed up' you reflexes, so your firing and maneuvering time should be  sped up to 'normal' speed to get the full advantage. Therefore the enemy seems to slow down and not you

Azhren

Offline Vidmaster

you cannot recover. Use your slowmo when you need it not all the time. Activate it after for example AFTER you passed an enemy wing, turn around and destroy the entire wing with precise shots.
Slowmo is like a resource, use it wisely.

Offline Vidmaster

new version (bundled with FortuneHunters): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V2K3Z68G

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
hi!

I`ve just downloaded this camp, but in mission one im on a ulysses and with no primaries or secondaries...

then the mind asks to destroy the pray but... I can only ram it and...What i've lerned so far is that.. crashing with you pray is not that efective :P

I suspect its some kind of bug right? I had no crashes or warnings while loading the mission.

EDIT:

forgot to mention I'm using 3.6.9open with media vps 10-

Rot
el hombre vicio...

I suspect its some kind of bug right? I had no crashes or warnings while loading the mission.

Sounds like the game isn't reading the correct files. Make sure you specify the MOD directory in the launcher. -mod DarkChildren . Though, if you did as the first post says and just dropped the VP into the main directory that's cool. Make sure you've not got any other VPs in that directory, and make sure you don't have any tables in your data/tables/ directory either (ie C:\TheBabylonProject\data\tables\) as these will overwrite the VP.

The reason you're in a Ulysses is because that's the first fighter in the ships.tbl and is therefore the default when the appropriate ship cannot be found.

Note that this mission/campaign also needs The Babylon Project. It's not a simple FS2 mod.

So in summary:

1. Make sure you're using The Babylon Project. Not Freespace2Open, not WingCommanderSaga, etcetera. .. .
2. Make sure that the VP is in the main directory, or alternatively, in its own directory and that the launcher points to that directory (ie -mod darkchildren for c:\thebabylonproject\darkchildren\ )
3. Make sure that there are no other VP files in the main directory, aside from what is required by the Babylon Project. (ie other 3rd party campaigns).
4. Make sure that there are no tables from other mods in the data/tables directory.

Should work after you do that.

Offline Vidmaster

you scared the hell out of me  :)

all files seem to be correct. No Ulysses or something.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Note that this mission/campaign also needs The Babylon Project. It's not a simple FS2 mod.

It's not an FS2 mod at all. TBP is now completely stand alone. Rodo if you want to play this you need The Babylon Project which you can get here. TBP is a completely separate game built using the Freespace 2 engine.

I wondered how anyone could be silly enough to run this on FS2 rather than TBP. Then I went and checked the first post and noticed that it didn't mention TBP at all. :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:54:10 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
ahh now i get it... so in other words im supposed to download the Bab project and install it as if it was another different game, then I put the campaign in there with its own folder and use the launcher to select it?

PD: I thought it was because I used Dark_children as folder and "_" was not a valid character but guess that wasnt the problem.

tnks for the help!
el hombre vicio...

I wondered how anyone could be silly enough to run this on FS2 rather than TBP. Then I went and checked the first post and noticed that it didn't mention TBP at all. :D

Well it's mentioned in the title, but newer members may not pick up on it.

How to use the 'feature'?
Would be better if its in the tutorial. I keep trying, and holding the spacebar down for long sometimes crashes me. Apparently my new videocard cant handle it.

Is it you just press the spacebar down very long and it works, or how?

The one where you have to destroy the 4 minbari ships or you lose SPOILER:  and mind punishes you with death, not my idea of good parenting :p    and I cant kill them fast enough (I always used to rely on wingmen to mop up after me and cant take missions with lots of dogfights, takes me 3-6 shots to land a hit on an enemy fighter even in the main freespace campaign) and I still cant kill the 4 ships fast enough even though theyre the lowest class of minbari fighters... and I cant get the feature to work. Failing it 5 times also doesnt trigger the 'skip level' function...

Offline Vidmaster

no it does not, you are right. And that's intended :mad2:. I just dont get the problem people have with this mission.
YOU CAN KILL ALL FOUR MINBARI VESSELS! YOU CAN EVEN MISS TWO TIMES AND STILL MAKE IT!

the tutorial is in level 1 and I though the shadow reflexes are pretty straightforward.
Pressing Spacebar activates them, nothing complicated...  :confused:

TUTORIAL AGAIN:
- press the spacebar once
- you are done (you just concentrated)!

your enchanced reflexes last for seven seconds (real time), then you are thrown back into normal flying. NOTHING prevents you from activating them again AFTER you reached normal mode again.

considering how many people seem to have a problem with the special powers, I am glad that I cut out Rage-Mode and Healing-Mode  :lol: