Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

PCS2 Linux builds

(1/5) > >>

Darkmage:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to build PCS2 on Debian 8.1, but when I compile it I'm getting errors regarding the OpenGL handling. Looks like there's been some changes to WXWidgets and there's a few messages about SwapBuffers and XID in X windows. Is anyone else building PCS2 on Linux?

niffiwan:
I've built it on Mint 13 & 17.  I even documented my experiences on the wiki! :)  Having said that I don't recall encountering any OpenGL errors so I'm not sure if that info will help or not.

Darkmage:
wxgtk 2.8 has been deprecated, wxgtk3.0 is what ships in Debian now... It's because GTK-2.0 is deprecated in favour of GTK-3.0.

niffiwan:
Urgh, I guess that wx 2.8 isn't available in the backports repo? If not then I guess PCS2 will need an update.

chief1983:
How exactly is the wxGTK versioning related to the base wxWidgets versioning?  It's unfortunate that they seem to be sharing versions so much with GTK, unless that was by design but I'm thinking it wasn't.  wxWidgets 2.8 won't work with wxGTK 3 is what I'm getting at?  Shame there isn't a wxGTK that works with wxWidgets 2.8 and GTK3, unless there is and we just missed that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version