Author Topic: Shivan fighters  (Read 12466 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I find Seraphims easier to kill because the retail model has a glitched shield mesh and trebs can go right through the front quadrant of its shields and kill it.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The Basilisk, at least would be deadly with a human pilot flying it. The AI just doesn't know how to fly a Basilisk at all.

Well the Basilisk is slow and unmanueverable, even in the hands of a human pilot it is still cannon fodder for space superiority fighters and to some degree intercepters because it is too easily outmanuevered. They are hoowever major threats to freighter and cruisers, I suppose it could be thought of as the shivan equivelent of the Aries.

The Basilisk is not unmaneuverable. Its turn rates are superior to GTVA heavy assault fighters. It seems less maneuverable in the hands of the AI because the AI does not attempt to maneuver in it.

I do not see the Nep having light capship armor.

The Seraphim? Definitely. It takes almost as many hits as a cain class cruiser...

The Nephilim and Seraphim have the exact same armor/shield stats :wtf:

Indeed, and the total damage required to kill one is much less than 1/10 or even 1/20 the hitpoints of a Cain. Even accounting for shield recharge, it should take a bit over 1000 damage to kill a Nephilim or Seraphim.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:23:01 am by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Droid803

Technically, if you fired at the bombers with a Maxim, it'd feel like it's taking as many hits as a Cain...but that's because maxims suck against heavy shielding, not because of "light capital" grade armor...
(´・ω・`)

Offline Qent

I'm pretty sure that "Light Capital" refers to armor plus all shield quadrants put together, not just one. But it's pointless to debate the sense of that without knowing whether the "Light Capital" description is Retail or SCP.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'm pretty sure "Light Capital" was cited as being retail on the first page of this thread...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Droid803

I'm pretty sure "Light Capital" was cited as being retail on the first page of this thread...

Can anyone verify if the SCP really did add this "feature" before I revert the changes?

I don't know...
(´・ω・`)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I am pretty sure "Light Capital" did not appear on any retail things.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft

We're talking about modded files, but the retail executable. Assuming this is a since-retail thing, it would have only appeared if you made a Shivan ship player-flyable.

Offline Qent

Would that give it the same status as the Aeolus tech description? Or less?

Offline Droid803

Less because you can't ctrl-shift-s it?
Or is that a FSO feature?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

We're talking about modded files, but the retail executable. Assuming this is a since-retail thing, it would have only appeared if you made a Shivan ship player-flyable.
It is not the retail executable because he used a .tbm.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft

IRRELEVANT. Just because he did it with a non-retail .exe doesn't mean it's not a feature that's been there since retail. Unless someone runs retail and tries it, we won't know if this feature was around then. Although an SCP guy could also probably figure it out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:46:37 pm by Aardwolf »

Offline Qent

IRRELEVANT. Just because he did it with a non-retail .exe doesn't mean it's not a feature that's been there since retail.
That is exactly what's in question now.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Ok, I'm asking the guys on #scp now.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

IRRELEVANT. Just because he did it with a non-retail .exe doesn't mean it's not a feature that's been there since retail.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS ASKING!!!!!

:o

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Alright, you have 3 days to prove these statistics were there since retail, then I am removing them.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well if they're not on the ship Table of Root, then wouldn't it not be a Retail feature?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well if they're not on the ship Table of Root, then wouldn't it not be a Retail feature?
:rolleyes:

It is not in root. It is a hard-coded "feature" that is activated if you do not specify statistics in the fields..

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Why not confirm it yourself then?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Why not confirm it yourself then?
:rolleyes:

Because I don't have access to the Source Code. And even if I did I wouldn't know how to interpret it.