Author Topic: Publicity Idea  (Read 5593 times)

Have you guys considered writing an article about FoTG on Wookieepedia? I think it could potentially draw a lot of interest to this project.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
FotG doesn't meet the criteria of inclusion. Wookieepedia is very strict about this kind of stuff.

It's not an advertisement board.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:58:51 am by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Wait...so Star Wars Episode I gets its own page and FoTG doesn't?  :wtf:

Yeah, makes sense I guess.

But seriously, when this mod is done it's going to top even the X-Wing games (which btw also have their own WP pages). Keep up the great work.  :yes:

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
...even the X-Wing games (which btw also have their own WP pages)...

Because they are official games. :wtf:

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yup I couldn't find a mod like Galactic Conquest or anything on there.  I doubt there's anything about DJO or NRSD EV on there either.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

...even the X-Wing games (which btw also have their own WP pages)...

Because they are official games. :wtf:

Right, of course. The fact that they're Licensed makes all the difference, I suppose...even if a relevant SW freeware game of equal or greater quality is out there. But Wookieepedia's standards are definitely understandable, so I won't complain.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I think releasing a demo or beta would be a very excellent way to generate interest in the project ;7

Facebook "become a fan of..." or something of the like?  A face book page maybe.  Myspace, etc?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
We've got screens only, and they can be seen here and at ModDB already. There's no need for some more advertising. Our ModDB page is visited relatively frequently. We're at 27,000 total visitors at ModDB, and 169(!) watchers.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Hmm, that's good to know when we make a release.  Over 100 0day downloads just from them is pretty much a guarantee.  Plus HLP, and word of mouth, I'm betting we break 500 in the first few hours actually.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

I think releasing a demo or beta would be a very excellent way to generate interest in the project ;7

Amen to that!

I'm betting we break 500 in the first few hours actually.

I'll be one of them.  :D

This looks to be better than TIE-Fighter.  I'll definitely download it when it is released.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Well I'd hope it LOOKS better than TIE Fighter, considering TIE Fighter was released over 15 years ago...  graphics have improved slightly in that time... =P
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Well I'd hope it LOOKS better than TIE Fighter

Don't worry. It DOES.  :nod:

Seriously, from what I've seen in screenshots, the graphics look absolutely amazing. And the models are simply beautiful. Can't wait to blow em' all to pieces.  ;7

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Well I'd hope it LOOKS better than TIE Fighter

Don't worry. It DOES.  :nod:

Seriously, from what I've seen in screenshots, the graphics look absolutely amazing. And the models are simply beautiful. Can't wait to blow em' all to pieces.  ;7

i cant wait to see the new ISD melt my gpu lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline newman

If lod0 will be between 40 and 50k I'm afraid there won't be any GPU melting. Even the mid range graphics cards should have zero problems with that. I used to run a mission that featured every ship in diaspora on an 8800 gts without any slowdowns.. and that had a lot more tris all together. People panic over polycounts a tad too much nowadays :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
If lod0 will be between 40 and 50k I'm afraid there won't be any GPU melting. Even the mid range graphics cards should have zero problems with that. I used to run a mission that featured every ship in diaspora on an 8800 gts without any slowdowns.. and that had a lot more tris all together. People panic over polycounts a tad too much nowadays :)

nice card mine is a 6600 gt lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline newman

Well yea but bear in mind that was the whole damn fleet and most of the ships didn't have lods at the time. We're talking several hundred thousand polys all at once. You should never encounter that in a finished game that has all the bells and whistles like lods and detail boxes. But enough about Diaspora, this is about FotG, and I'm running on an assumption that it will use the same good ol' fs2 optimizing methods :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yup, at least when it's done.  We don't have a lot of LODs yet, still need some help on that front.