Author Topic: "One Future" FREDing Advice - Turret ROF Dependent on Energy Settings?  (Read 1469 times)

"One Future" FREDing Advice - Turret ROF Dependent on Energy Settings?
In the Blue Planet WIH mission "One Future", the Vindicator's turrets will fire more quickly if you divert more power to guns, and less quickly if you divert more power away from guns.

I'd like to install a similar feature for some capship-dependent missions. How on Earth did you guys do that? Was it something in FRED? Some delicious coding shenanigans? Space magic?

"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: "One Future" FREDing Advice - Turret ROF Dependent on Energy Settings?
A ship’s turret ROF depends on the ship’s pilot AI class, even if it’s a player ship. Alter the AI class depending on the gun energy level - you can take apart One Future or The Blade Itself to see how it’s done.

Note that turret AI class has no function in the game.

FOUND IT! It's the "cruiser: respect ETS" event.
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383

Offline Darius

I think there's also a sexp to alter turret rate of fire which is an alternative way to do it.