Author Topic: [FA] Retail Mission 3  (Read 15500 times)

Originally posted by Kosh
It also has a bug in it. I ordered beta wing to disarm the cruiser to keep its guns busy for me to disable it. After I disable it, command wants them to return to base, but they don't. So when the Damoclese comes in with some other fighters, they are wasted.

Yeah, I didn't realise that you need to do a "clear orders" command for the fighters as Alpha 1's notions apparently override the mission-commands.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. You have to watch out for that one. If you ever need them to depart  it's best to do it from the departure cue rather than as an AI goal :)

Clearing orders should work though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Yeah, I didn't realise that one either :) I used to do it all via AI commands, but now I've been using the departure cue (in m campaign missions)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel

Yeah, I didn't realise that you need to do a "clear orders" command for the fighters as Alpha 1's notions apparently override the mission-commands.

Alpha 1 owns all. :)
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key