Author Topic: Nightly: 04 October 2016 - Revision 778cb6f  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Nightly: 04 October 2016 - Revision 778cb6f
Awesome, you are a champion among men. Was there something actually wrong with music playback?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline m!m

I haven't changed anything with the event music yet. I only fixed the obvious sound corruption bugs.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Ah, okay. I wonder if those sound bugs were also the cause of occasional restarts of command brief/briefing voice files. "The GTV- The GTVA" kinda stuff. Not a major thing, but annoying as hell.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline m!m

When does that happen and how can I reproduce it?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
When does that happen and how can I reproduce it?

Any mod, and it's fairly random. You simply go through command brief or briefing pages until you get it. But if you go to the next or previous page and come back, it doesn't occur a second time. It's been present for a very long time- since even before .ogg implementation- with both onboard sound and my Asus Xonar card. I think I even made a Mantis ticket for it way back when, but I strangely seem to be the only one getting this; nobody else I've talked to has noticed it. The symptoms are fairly similar to the .ogg cutscene issue in which, apparently, .ogg cutscenes over a certain filesize have their audio restart after a couple of seconds while the video continues, thereby desynchronizing the audio and video. I've contemplated FRAPSing until I encountered the error but that would require far more disk space than I have available.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:43:00 am by Cobra »

Offline m!m

Ah, so it's an older bug. AFAIK, I have never encountered that. If you are lucky that bug may have been fixed with these FFmpeg changes since it should be more robust against corrupted or weirdly formatted data.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I think that would be a logical assumption, but as the adage goes, it ain't ever that simple.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I have encountered that bug myself now that you mention it.  And it is pretty random to reproduce.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays