Author Topic: RELEASE - Faces of Treason (BETA)  (Read 3028 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
RELEASE - Faces of Treason (BETA)

I'm proud to release the beta version of my campaign "Faces of Treason"
This campaign requires no mods (you only have to have FS2 SCP) but is in-compatible with retail FS2!!

The campaign plays 18 months after Capella; the GTVA fleet has been deciamted by the Shivans to a shadow of her former self and the Command is taking all means to rebuild the military presence of the GTVA. Thus valuable shipments and ressource-rich systems at the far edges of the GTVA space must be secured. But everywhere Pirates and other threats exisist to prevent the Alliance from re-building...

Now choose: Who is your enemy?

http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/FoT-beta-01-010607.rar
(Bear in mind this is beta version - everything should work fine, but there might still be some smaller bugs to find, if you find one report it to me please)

Known Bugs - How to avoid:
1.) B:(Mission 4a "The Face of Treason - part 1") "I can not complete this mission."
Hta: Don't give the "Engage enemy"-order at anytime, it is disabled for all wingmen but somehow they take it anyway.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CKid

Re: RELEASE - Faces of Treason (BETA)
Cool, downloading now. :)
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

I can't wait to get back to college to play this. :3

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not bad, but there are bugs.

1. First mission can't load since it tried to add an unexisting "Second Great War Intel"

2. Mission where you have to fight off hoardsof Hercs and jump to Cen'Ari doesn't work. Mission is reported as failed ALLWAYS, and I completed all objectives. Looked in FRED but don't really see a error in the mission..unless the error is in the campaign file itself..
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

great campaign, but dont understand what happen at the end???

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Is this  "beta-all missions are done, just not fully bug tested" or "Beta-campaign is not fully freded yet"?

Offline neoterran

Some critique :

1.) Don't use fake system names. All the system names in Freespace2 are using the real names of actual stars, and using made up names provides a poor contrast and hurts suspension of disbelief.

2.) Lot of technical issues, any beta campaign where the first mission doesn't load is a problem, it didn't make me happy to test much further..

3.) Spell check and grammar check your briefings better.

4.) Provide a working mod.ini with the campaign and have the logo be the correct size for the launcher.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thanky you all for your input... I'll deal with some right here and other will wander directly into the campaign
I'll bring dwon a fixed up beta release tonight

Is this  "beta-all missions are done, just not fully bug tested" or "Beta-campaign is not fully freded yet"?

all mission are done... there was already one beta testing phase which helped to remove major bugs

Not bad, but there are bugs.
1. First mission can't load since it tried to add an unexisting "Second Great War Intel"

sorry I'll remvoe that intel stuff from the mission ... that belonged to the alpha testing for the some surrondings on another campaign (silly me must have forgotten about it)

1.) Don't use fake system names. All the system names in Freespace2 are using the real names of actual stars, and using made up names provides a poor contrast and hurts suspension of disbelief.
[...]
3.) Spell check and grammar check your briefings better.
4.) Provide a working mod.ini with the campaign and have the logo be the correct size for the launcher.

1.) I found non of the exisiting FS2 system sufficent for the course of this campaign and the following events (You will perhaps soon enough) ; but to make it easier for you I added the starmap...
[actually this Jump corridor form Regulus to anywhere beyond the map exists... (like the one form altair to nowhere which was used in Derlict to attach certain systems)]

3.) Since this is a beta release this was not necessarey ... but someone form here wanted to spel-check everything since mid december, so expect I'll get the results soon

4.) mod.ini should not be needed since I'm not modding yet (the logo is just there because I wanted it to be there.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 09:34:07 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Just finished the campaign.  After deleting the add intelligence for second great war, everything worked fine.  In mission 4a if I didn't destroy all the Herc's first epsilon 1 wouldn't depart.  The first time I played it I destroyed the cruiser as soon as the directive came up and got the message to depart. I departed and did not complete the objectives. The second time I waited for epsilon 1 to depart but it just sat there.  The second two times I destroyed all the Herc's first then the cruiser.  Epsilon departed and everything went as planned.  Needs some proofreading on the briefs and messages but everything works.  I like the ending no matter what you choose in the end every choice is futile as the system is destroyed.  Neither money nor honor prevail. 
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WEll is this campaign ready for its final relase ? have the bugs been sorted out?
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!