Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2653294 times)

Re: A celebration of Freespace
Kinda kidding in previous post :]. Not my mod, not my choice. I don't like unified fleets because unified textures are killing unique characters and vibe of each ship. Inferno went this way and now it's up to me and Rampage to rework whole EA fleet in Inferno to purge our sins :P
:lol:
So that is intentional?
And I already reported bugs for mismatched textures :p

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
EA fleet was tiled with the same tile set to have all ships updated and in acceptable quality. Anything better than retail is upgrade :P. Now it's time to rework the stuff again, and give them all proper UVs and textures. We will see how many we can manage to finish. It won't delay the release anyway.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Kie99

Yeah, I take your point on the unified fleet, I thought it looked pretty cool at first but it got a bit boring after a while.

I've uploaded the models here.  I switched the textures round on the Orion, I think the second version looks better but I included both

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mrjgngysihoedfj/Reskinned_Hecate%2C_Orion.zip
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
So found this while cleaning up my desktop and archiving some stuff... These were meant for a stream last year but I eventually played the missions live anyway...

Enjoy!

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:bump:  Anyone have MVPs 3.8 shots they want to share?  :nervous:

I, um... might need some for the main page highlights.

Offline SL1

I used to love reskins.  I did one very similar to that with the Hecate, also redid the Orion and Hecate in the Iceni/Colossus textures editing them to be super overpowered.

I remember there was one mod on Volition Watch called Blackfleet or something similar, it gave the GTVA fleet a uniform black look which I thought was cool.
The Blackfleet mod?  I don't think so, not unless they were darkened significantly.  It was at least ten years ago that I last played with it and I've had no luck finding it again so it could well have been.

Kind of sounds like Black Horizon, but that was an FS1 campaign.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
A three Shivan fighter beams trying to take out the enemy fighter. Did you notice there's a UIMS Faker fighter from Galaxian 3 and Star Ixiom? I guess the Shivans are fighting the UIMS after all.

i may be working off outdated documents from the bryan see combined canon here, but i thought the UIMS and shivans were both united under the leadership of hester shaw (after they destroyed the earth along with the cylons)
Is this what you are saying about the UIMS and Shivans are united under the leadership of Hester Shaw?

I guess this image is made to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Descent: FreeSpace 1 and SiN. As well as FreeSpace 2 and Star Ixiom?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi all!

I need a pretty picture to go with part three of my Blue Planet review on Coin-Drop.com. Any offers?  :)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Darius

What resolution? There's a few mainly 1080p screenshots in

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Screenshots

E.g.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:44:01 pm by Darius »

Here's 2 more (not mine, just have them saved from online):

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I like the Faslane model, even more so after having spent some time at the real RNB Faslane back in 2002.
Freezing!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
evybody make picture of blu plant

why

not like it looks cool or nothing  :nervous:  ;)

EDIT: dang, reminds me of when ASW had the best promo screenshots. Shame it'd be too much work to redo those models and show off that vibe again.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I like the Faslane model, even more so after having spent some time at the real RNB Faslane back in 2002.
Freezing!!
It's actually the GTI Castalia - Vasudan Admiral's modelling contest entry.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

'Deliver the EM-Generator to Luxor Station', he said. 'It's going to be easy', he said. And then he left out that this PVFr Bast doesn't have any headlights! - anonymous Hammer of Light saboteur

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

Something funny:

==================

Mind telling where the point is so that I can skip to it?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Looks like you've disabled playback on other sites for those.

Offline 0rph3u5

Looks like you've disabled playback on other sites for those.

Should be fixed by now. Must have forgot to check that flag for all videos in that upload (also uploaded a playthough of HGI as part of the same batch)

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

... been streching the limits of "bed rest"  ;)

==================

Is that Typhon going to have a date with Lucy on the plantside?