Author Topic: What mod is this screenshot from?  (Read 4074 times)

What mod is this screenshot from?
Hey guys, I was wondering what mod this following screenshot was from, and whether or not I need SCP in order for it to work.

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
SCP is needed judging from those shots, though I have no idea were you can get it from. :confused:
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Looks like it's from the 158th.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
It is. And it's definately SCP.

Yep from the 158th Banshee squads mod, SCP yes. :D

Well they're apparently still in progress, but have they at least released a demo that I could try? And two more things: 1st, can you guys recommend any mods that are currently out (demos are fine), and 2nd, can any of you give me a link to the latest SCP build?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Do a search for both of those.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
Good MODs... Try the BWO demo, very professional, very good. Also Inferno (Though they are remaking release 1), and I have heard good things about Derelict, though I've never played it. Oh, as far as I have gotten in the campaign, Casualties of War is also very good.

As for links... I recently reformatted, and I'm waiting to download media VPs and the .exes until the next major release, which will likely be soon.
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Airborne
1st, can you guys recommend any mods that are currently out (demos are fine)

[list=1]
  • Derelict, definitely
  • Warzone
  • Aeos Affair
  • Homesick
  • Shrouding the Light
  • Sol: A History
  • Fall of Epsilon Pegasi
  • Oh, and watch out for these guys too... ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
you left out nukemod :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you know you might want to put a link to that in your sig
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, noone knows where nukemod is or where it comes from right now...

well, kinda...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Check out the Campaign list in the campaigns forum, it will give you a list of completed campaigns. Often it also lists if said campaign has released a demo or not.

Well I've already played Warzone, Technological Superiority, Homesick, Sol: A History(awesome final level), and several others I can't remember. However, I couldn't get Aeos Affair to work on my desktop last time I tried, but now I'm using a laptop so maybe I'll try again later. Also, I don't know where to get Derelict and I tried downloading  Fall of Epsilon Pegasi but I had a hard time trying to get SCP working last time I tried it on my desktop. Anyways, thanks for recommendations. :D

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by nuclear1

[list=1]
  • Derelict, definitely
  • Warzone
  • Aeos Affair
  • Homesick
  • Shrouding the Light
  • Sol: A History
  • Fall of Epsilon Pegasi
  • Oh, and watch out for these guys too... ;)

I'd like to add Inferno and Sync to that list.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
N00b campaign of DOOOM! (Cleaning Crew)

[/shameless self promotion]

And I can't believe nobody's mentioned:

Just Another Day
Deus Ex Machina
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kie99

They work better after you've played other user-made campaigns though.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Deus Ex is only fun if you've seen other horrors first, I guess.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re: What mod is this screenshot from?
Originally posted by Airborne
Hey guys, I was wondering what mod this following screenshot was from, and whether or not I need SCP in order for it to work.
I'd just like to point out that while the 158th campaign will indeed require SCP, that particular screenshot was not taken using FS2_Open.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Try the BWO demo, very professional, very good.

Too bad that Chapter 1 won't be released for about 6 years. :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key